Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   97o button (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304863)

baronzeus 01-12-2007 04:01 PM

97o button

i make a loose raise against tightish blinds with 97o on the button. bb calls. he is TAG. no other reads

flop comes T94 two spades. check, i bet, he checkraises.

1. how often do you do something besides calling here?

anyways i call. turn is Jh.

he bets.

2. how often do you do something besides calling here?

i call. river is an offsuit 6. he bets.

3. how often do you do something besides calling here?

wackjob 01-12-2007 04:26 PM

Re: 97o button

yer a jerk for calling down. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

baronzeus 01-12-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yer a jerk for calling down. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

now that i know thats you, do you want me to pm you comments about your play (in this hand and other hands)?

wackjob 01-12-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
now that i know thats you, do you want me to pm you comments about your play (in this hand and other hands)?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely!

siegfriedandroy 01-12-2007 05:01 PM

if i dont know villain well, id probably play it the same. if i know he's supertight and plays passively, i'd be comfortable folding, maybe even on the flop. if he is aggro w/ draws, but slowplays big hands, maybe 3bet flop, or free sd raise if i feel comfortable folding to a 3 bet?

silencio 01-12-2007 08:59 PM

I'll make the decision on the turn. If he has a hand it is more probable that it is better than yours. The J on the turn is bad card since it hits some of his semi bluff hands. I would probably fold here if he is not a chronic flop check raiser. I don't think it is -EV to fold the turn.

If he can raise with air than try to put a percentage on his bluffing frequency. Pick a random number and decide if you are calling down this time or just folding.

Scary_Tiger 01-12-2007 09:01 PM

I either play it the same or fold turn.

ggbman 01-13-2007 12:06 AM

I would call on the flop and turn almost all of the time, and i would fold the river a decent amount against players i consider honest. I think raising the turn and checking the river is also fine.

DrSavage 01-13-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call on the flop and turn almost all of the time, and i would fold the river a decent amount against players i consider honest. I think raising the turn and checking the river is also fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like raising the turn since you probably have to call the reraise with your picked up gutshot which may or may not be good.
I pretty much always take this to showdown.

DeathDonkey 01-13-2007 08:11 PM

I would 3 bet the flop sometimes but this is a fine spot to simply call down IMO.

-DeathDonkey