Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Bears (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304759)

freewheeler 01-12-2007 12:52 PM

Bears

Bet the Bears on Sunday. Criticism of Grossman, while deserved, has been massively overblown. The guy can actually play (sometimes). Bears have one of the very best home field advantages in all of sports. Ball hawking defense is good for a couple of big turnovers and Grossman redeems himself against third rate Seattle secondary. I foresee the Bears going up early and not looking back. Last year the Bears lost their first game of the playoffs at home and Seattle went to the Super bowl. Bears will not come out flat like they did last year. I'm sure of it.

Grasshopp3r 01-12-2007 01:15 PM

Re: Bears

Why is this year any different than last year? I want the Bears to win, but I don't see Grossman as a serious weapon right now. The Bears don't have Tommie Harris and are vulnerable to the run. Seattle has Shaun Alexander.

I think that the Bears have an advantage and will win the game, but I don't think that they will cover.

Dementia 01-12-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this year any different than last year?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the Panthers last year were better than the injury prone Seahawks this year. Their secondary includes a former elk hunting tour guide, and a tax agent or something. Darrel Jackson has turf toe, Ducketts ankle was sprained. Marcus Trufant is out. They're playing on the road. This defense will be fired up, they've given up over a 100 more yds PPG twd the end of the season when had everything all wrapped up. All Grossman truly needs to do is play average, they can run the ball with their 3 backs, and occasionally take a shot at the depleted Seahawk secondary. Dallas had the absolute perfect gameplan versus Seattle last week, because they DID dominate that game physically and were in a position to win. When you've got a shaky QB like Grossman or Romo recently, DON'T take any unneeded chances when you can win this game on the ground and throw just to keep the chains moving. Running it down their throat will already wear out the banged up Seattle defense. Bears win this one by 10 or more.

stickneymarc 01-12-2007 02:03 PM

There is a huge flaw in the Grossman just has to be average comment. That is Grossman hasn't been avergae all year. He has either been great or horrible.

Put the snow storm into it and the points might be very hard to account for that Seattle is getting.

JJguy 01-12-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is this year any different than last year?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the Panthers last year were better than the injury prone Seahawks this year. Their secondary includes a former elk hunting tour guide, and a tax agent or something. Darrel Jackson has turf toe, Ducketts ankle was sprained. Marcus Trufant is out. They're playing on the road. This defense will be fired up, they've given up over a 100 more yds PPG twd the end of the season when had everything all wrapped up. All Grossman truly needs to do is play average, they can run the ball with their 3 backs, and occasionally take a shot at the depleted Seahawk secondary. Dallas had the absolute perfect gameplan versus Seattle last week, because they DID dominate that game physically and were in a position to win. When you've got a shaky QB like Grossman or Romo recently, DON'T take any unneeded chances when you can win this game on the ground and throw just to keep the chains moving. Running it down their throat will already wear out the banged up Seattle defense. Bears win this one by 10 or more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please explain how Dallas dominated Seattle. One of their TDs was a kick return. Their receivers didn't do much against seattle's banged up secondary. I'm looking at the box score now TO had 26 yards and Glenn had 41.

too bad Grossman sucks, otherwise I could have gotten SEA +10 or more