Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   bounty fun with bax (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304393)

grafyx 01-11-2007 11:11 PM

bounty fun with bax

UB 120 + 9 bounty.

Bax just moved to the table and said all his hellos/greets and made fun of my tiny stack.

Blinds are 15/30 with no ante.

Bax has about 2.5k I have 900. He limps UTG. I'm in the CO with 88. I pot it to 135. Folds to Bax and he calls. Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Bax checks. I bet 170. Bax calls.

Turn is a 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] giving me a gut shot.

Bax checks. I check.

River is some blank. I forget, but it didn't change anything.

Bax says "Bounty time!" and puts me all in.

I'm getting 2-1 on the call..

Does anyone just shove the turn with 2nd pair + gutter?

0evg0 01-11-2007 11:16 PM

Re: bounty fun with bax

yeah i shove turn

he never has a better pair, sometimes you'll run into a set i guess (though he's prob raising 44/66 pf), but sometimes he'll try to make some hero call with 67 or something i guess

EverettKings 01-11-2007 11:16 PM

Fold the river. I also sometimes check the flop.

If bax were bluffing he'd probably just shove the flop. He likely open limped AK or 77 or something here (he was UTG after all).

EverettKings 01-11-2007 11:17 PM

Shoving the turn is good, actually.

0evg0 01-11-2007 11:23 PM

checking flop is super gross

grafyx 01-11-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also sometimes check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I like checking this flop. I almost always have the best 1 pair hand. There aren't a lot of Kings in his UTG limping range.

woodguy 01-11-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i shove turn

he never has a better pair, sometimes you'll run into a set i guess (though he's prob raising 44/66 pf), but sometimes he'll try to make some hero call with 67 or something i guess

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except with the raising of 44/66....with stacks this deep I've seen him limp small pairs up front.

A K never checks this turn, so he's got a green light to put pressure on you with a hand worse than a K, the problem is that you only beat 55,33, 22 and maybe some combo draw that didn't get there, but he might raise you on the flop if the draw is strong.

Regards,
Woodguy

Cornell Fiji 01-11-2007 11:43 PM

What is Bax's limping range UTG?

Seems like there isn't anything in there that we beat other than exactly 22/33/55/AQ(is he open limping this?) and these hands might not be calling a flop bet and might not be pushing the river.

I don't like this at all but then again I usually avoid this situation by limping 88 in level 1/2 and then just check/folding if I whiff the flop.

0evg0 01-11-2007 11:45 PM

umm how about 76/86/56/57/and like a ton of [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hands

i havent played with him nearly as much as most of you, but i dont see why he has such a limited limping range with ~100xbb

grafyx 01-11-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't like this at all but then again I usually avoid this situation by limping 88 in level 1/2 and then just check/folding if I whiff the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping is ok, but I don't see whats wrong with raising here to isolate a limper with position and what is almost certainly the best hand.