Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Poker After Dark, Director's Cut (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303930)

theman 01-11-2007 12:34 PM

Poker After Dark, Director\'s Cut

Was I the only one who felt this episode (to be shown at the end of eaach week) was a bit unnecessarily repetitious?

Also, the player interviews were very short. ...I just felt like a waste of time. Any thoughts?

-TheMan

Etaipo 01-11-2007 05:41 PM

Re: Poker After Dark, Director\'s Cut

well, yeah...it's repetitious because...it's recapping what happened that week.

/boggle

honestly, i think they just threw it out there to recap the week, perhaps for those people who can't watch during the week, or perhaps hoping the replay after SNL might grab some casual viewers enough to get them interested enough to watch the next weeks shows.

Funko 01-12-2007 03:33 AM

I was expecting a series of the more interesting hands/discussions with limited commentary from the winner. I'm sure I read somewhere before the show aired that the director's episode would have commentary from that game's winner, rather than just a few minutes of interviews with each player randomly cut into the show.

Pretty boring if you'd watched the previous 5 episodes.

blankoblanco 01-12-2007 09:40 AM

I don't feel so bad about missing it, now that I've read this

cbloom 01-12-2007 06:39 PM

Okay goofs, the point of the Director's Cut is for people who dont' want to watch the whole week, you can just watch the 1 episode instead and get a summary of the tournament.

That said, it's totally awful because the commentators are rotten and they cut out the only interesting thing in the show - the table talk.

Eponymous 01-12-2007 08:18 PM

This week, I'll probably just FF to the Shana bloopers.

Nut4Dawgs 01-12-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This week, I'll probably just FF to the Shana bloopers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd pay a lot of money to see Shanna's bloopers. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

theman 01-14-2007 04:27 AM

This really has to be the WORST idea for a poker episode ever created...second one I've watched now...it's 90% complete rerun of the play with close to no commentary sprinkled in with a few interviews here and there for less than 1 minute each usually...totally pointless.

Even if I missed the week's episodes, I'd find the director's cut a bit boring and sometimes confusing (esp. if I hadn't seen all the hands play out over the week). ...It's really quite pathetic imo. Not much of a real "Directors Cut"...just boring rerun material......

arghhhhhhhhhh!

-TheMan

redtigerii 01-14-2007 10:28 AM

Was anybody else extremely annoyed by the music they inserted in a lot of the replays of the hands they showed in this directors cut? Some of it was just downright horrible in my opinion and quite annoying. It just didn't seem to fit with what was going on and I'd much rather hear the table chatter anyways. I have to agree, the directors cut is kind of weak right now.

Semtex 01-14-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was anybody else extremely annoyed by the music they inserted in a lot of the replays of the hands they showed in this directors cut? Some of it was just downright horrible in my opinion and quite annoying. It just didn't seem to fit with what was going on and I'd much rather hear the table chatter anyways. I have to agree, the directors cut is kind of weak right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah what the hell was that? the nfl films theme was in there, the one that is always playing in the background in madden when you do the training camps. wtf???