Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Someone PM me if 2+2 gets apparently fixed for more than 3 hours (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303615)

BiPolar_Nut 01-11-2007 12:27 AM

Someone PM me if 2+2 gets apparently fixed for more than 3 hours

Or IM/email if you have it.....I tried posting in ATF but kept getting immediate "Try Again" boxes in Firefox. I ran out of patience in the past 2 days so for prolly the first time since I joined, I'm closing my 2+2 tab(s) lol.

Anyway, just lookin for a message on when it's non-frustrating to come back.

Thanks.

(Originally posted in my 2nd home, CTH....may have been moved since it prolly belongs in ATF, and I *tried* to post there but couldn't bring up the fscking forum. I hope you guys get the problem figured out soon....It's frickin annoying as all hell).

kidpokeher 01-11-2007 12:47 AM

Re: Someone PM me if 2+2 gets apparently fixed for more than 3 hours

I've noticed a lot of slowdown on 2+2 lately as well.

surfinillini 01-11-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FionnMac 01-11-2007 01:47 AM

it seems slower in firefox than the latest internet explorer - anyone else notice this?

Neuge 01-11-2007 05:25 AM

I don't know who to forward this to, but it's almost certainly a problem with their server's cookie handling. About 90% of the time, these slowdowns can be immediately remedied by clearing cookies. Plus the fact that IE works better than FF with this problem. FF has always had problems with cookies. I've been experiencing this problem for probably 8 months, but it has been worse the past few days.

Suigin406 01-11-2007 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BiPolar_Nut 01-11-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know who to forward this to, but it's almost certainly a problem with their server's cookie handling. About 90% of the time, these slowdowns can be immediately remedied by clearing cookies. Plus the fact that IE works better than FF with this problem. FF has always had problems with cookies. I've been experiencing this problem for probably 8 months, but it has been worse the past few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree FF has had very poor cookie handling in the past (as well as memory leaks...worst one was not releasing mem used for tabs after they closed) but I thought many of those issues were fixed in 2.0.

I just jumped back on 2+2 about an hour ago...next time 2+2 slows to a crawl/times out, I'll fire up IE, but I'm pretty sure it was a server-side problem this time (the past few days).

Edit: just had a minor delay in FF....fired up IE and it took just as long before forumserver responded. will keep IE going and refresh it next time(s) the forumserver chokes.

kidpokeher 01-12-2007 01:41 AM

You guys know more about the cookie management issues and all that (beyond my level) but I'm guessing it's server issues because the lag seems to happen consistently at certain times of the day. For instance ~8pm PST which is probably a peak usage time.

It almost always lags and gives timeout errors around 1-3am PST but I assumed it was due to backups/maintenance etc...

BiPolar_Nut 01-12-2007 01:52 AM

yeah, I have no problem w/ scheduled maint/cron job slowdowns/outages....and these latest problems definitely aren't cookie-related (every slowdown I had tonight I would click refresh in an idle IE window sitting on forumserver.twoplustwo.com....it was just as delayed as FF every time)....but these problems aren't sched-maint-related, either.

We'll just have to be patient and wait it out I guess. When it gets too slow, I'll go do something else. (although taking a 20 hour break last night left me w/ a lot of catching up to do lol....damnit I'm addicted).

Spy Dog 01-12-2007 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]