Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Wii Virtual Console (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=303538)

Wheatsauce 01-10-2007 10:37 PM

Wii Virtual Console

What games have you guys picked up on the VC so far? I only have Zelda so far...is Mario 64 worth getting, or is the DS one a better buy? How does it work with the GC controller?

Also, has anyone picked up Gunstar Heros, or played it in the past? Any input you could give me on that game that isn't in the IGN review would be greatly appreciated.

Any other games worth looking at?

Soul Daddy 01-10-2007 10:48 PM

Re: Wii Virtual Console

I got Super Mario Bros and Mario 64.

SMB is just as fun as it ever was, this coming from the world's worst SMB player ever. I actually play it using the GC controller rather than the Wiimote and it feels much better. But I guess I should state that I have a pretty strog love affair with my Wavebird.

I was never a huge Mario 64 fan due to my distaste for the camera issues, but I thought I'd give it another shot. It plays just like it always did, only it's probably more frustrating since 3D camera angles have come so far in the decade since release. It works just fine with the GC controller, I'd say it's a better feel than the N64 one (again, see above paragraph). Though I do feel the game is perfectly suited for the DS, due to its "pick up, get a star, put down" nature, and kind of wish I had gone that route.

I'm rather curious about Gunstar Heroes as well. I've never heard anything but raves about it though. I'll probably end up getting it when I'm bored some night.

dmk 01-11-2007 01:04 AM

mario bros, mario 64, legend of zelda so far

i have 6000 pts still. got a bunch of cards for christmas

nolanfan34 01-11-2007 01:18 AM

I think Nintendo is going to make a killing off of people like me who download games for nostalgia purposes, and then get bored with them very quickly.

I downloaded SMB (which was worth it, actually), Baseball (frustrating and boring, yet still worth it for me), and Sonic the Hedgehog. That was a blatent attempt to get my wife interested in playing a game, since she used to like that game as a kid. I didn't tell her I downloaded it, and was playing for about 5 minutes before she recognized the music from another room. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I just got a classic controller in the mail today, so Street Fighter 2 and Castlevania 4 are next on the download list.

Keyser. 01-11-2007 03:03 AM

Legend of Zelda-great, obv.
Super Mario Bros--the classic controller seems to work better than the old NES controller as far as responsiveness is concerned, but I might just be misremembering.
Super Mario 64--I'm finding the classic controller to not work very well, but that may just be because I'm not used the Mario 64 controls as a whole.
Tennis--really fun, imo. Very simple obviously.
Sim City--kinda sucks.
F-Zero--good.

waldo027 01-11-2007 03:18 AM

Any idea when more games are coming out? They say every month, is that on the first of every calender month?

Needle77 01-11-2007 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea when more games are coming out? They say every month, is that on the first of every calender month?

[/ QUOTE ]

The games come out every Monday at 12 noon EST.

As for what I have downloaded:

Zelda
Super Mario Brothers
Donkey Kong
Street Fighter 2

Daleroxxu 01-11-2007 09:21 AM

Play them on your PC for free.

Orangeheat 01-11-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Play them on your PC for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. No kidding - you mean I can play old games on my PC??? Technology is just too fast to keep up with.

Orange

JMa 01-11-2007 12:20 PM

Donkey Kong Country (SNES). Its a lot harder than i remembered it, but still a very good game. the music is excellent. damn, i think i have to go downstairs and play right now.