Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Calling with AA on river (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=301493)

AjiNoMo 01-08-2007 01:45 PM

Calling with AA on river

I am 40/24 UTG+1. Villain is 30/12

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $35</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($105, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $105</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($315, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($315, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $315</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $945

Would u have called? Why? What do u think of the play from flop on?

blopp 01-08-2007 02:53 PM

Re: Calling with AA on river

Any reads? All the big str8 draws missed so I might call here too. Whats your flop plan? You will face repot on this flop vs good villians alot.

- B

AjiNoMo 01-08-2007 04:12 PM

Last to act, I C bet on what seemed like an ill coordinated flop thinking i prolly had the best hand. I dont think checking on flop wd have been a good idea.
I prolly wd have folded had he repopped.
Given my table image (very aggro preflop) I dont think he had any particular reason to put me on overpair.
You're right, when deciding to call on river and given my read on OP (good aggro), i thought he wouldv repopped on the flop and even on turn had he had the straight draw.
Furthermore, there were no reason for him to bet out a full pot with the nuts on river unless he put me on a lesser straight or a set which imo he had no reason to. Him potting there with 2 pairs was unlikely.
A half pot bet wd ve made it more scary.

What do u think? Was i right on flop to bet out? Had he repopped on flop is it a clear fold? Is turn check weak?

blopp 01-08-2007 04:20 PM

Turn is fine. Giving stack sizes would be nice too, I assume 100bbs. And wait a bit before giving results. That way you will get more responses.

This is a semibluff friendly flop, but I need history with villian to play for stacks on flop. Vs unknown I instafold. Since it is the most unlikely str8 comming, the call is easier, but still hard. And some villian will pot nuts here 100%, they dont care you dont look strong.

- B

AjiNoMo 01-08-2007 04:58 PM

Stacks: Hero 120BB; Villain 60BB; BB 50BB;

Poll: wow didnt think ppl would see it as such a bad call. Villain coudnt possibly have potted it with 2 pairs neither i or him have given any sign of a set. J46x or any wrap (full or not) with one pair wd ve likely repopped on flop. Calling there with dry 46? Unlikely imo. A set that wanted to trap me wdnt have bet that strong on river and wd only be justified if he thought i had a non nut straight (unlikely too) or a set. Hand action really doesnt suggest it was set vs set situation nor that anyone of us had a set.
I may have missed something. All comments welcome.

blopp 01-08-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stacks: Hero 120BB; Villain 60BB; BB 50BB;

[/ QUOTE ]

I just bet call turn then. Flop Im not sure If I call repot, but if villian is any good I do alot with those stacks.

- B

cmyr 01-08-2007 06:23 PM

this is just totally read dependant. there are players I autocall here with almost any overpair, and players where this is a very easy fold. A call here is never bad against a player who is doing this with the straight and with air, since air makes much more sense.

piiop 01-08-2007 06:52 PM

Bet the turn with those stacks.

FabledHero 01-08-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn with those stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]Why? I would much rather check turn and call a river card like this, than bet turn. If you bet turn you only get action from a better hand, and he really doens't know where he stands at all, so i'd rather induce a bluff, than be randomly betting that turn personally.

CrushinFelt 01-08-2007 07:45 PM

I didn't like my post and deleted it. Long story short I bet the turn.