Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   A pair of aces threatened by a river raise. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=300708)

unterfish 01-07-2007 02:56 PM

A pair of aces threatened by a river raise.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, 4 folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.4SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.7BB, 3 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.7BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Yeah?

fretelöo 01-07-2007 03:01 PM

Re: A pair of aces threatened by a river raise.

Are you good one in ~14 times? Ahhrgh, [censored], I hate such hands. With more of a read, and having seen him bluff before, I'd probably call, but with no further info, I'd fold also.

Edit: misread. I thought it was: Hero bets, and gets raised. With villain1 betting and villain2 raising, it's an easy fold, of course.

bennyhana 01-07-2007 03:03 PM

no way are you good 1 in 6.

unterfish 01-07-2007 03:03 PM

No reads... I play this table just for fun and dont even tracker.

bennyhana 01-07-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you good one in ~14 times? Ahhrgh, [censored], I hate such hands. With more of a read, and having seen him bluff before, I'd probably call, but with no further info, I'd fold also.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are calling 2 bets in a ~13 bb pot. rethink.

fretelöo 01-07-2007 03:09 PM

yeah, realized it (and edited above). Though, for nit-pickings sake, it's a ~14BB pot. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tim Brice 01-07-2007 03:12 PM

The first thing I notice is the passive nature of MP1 throughout the hand. Do you have general idea of his skill? A very good player would simply overcall and hope that you would raise it up again, but I doubt that is what we are dealing with here.

The board is so coordinated that is likely your TPTK is no longer good, but I still think you need to go through some basic calculations in your head. You are getting about 6:5 to 1 on a call. I doubt your good 15% of the time here. You also have to worry about UTG, who bet it into two players on a very coordinated board. That makes a re-raise a definite possibility. I think folding is the correct play in this situation.

tyler_cracker 01-07-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why post the hand then?

Magic Man 01-07-2007 03:22 PM

*grunch*

Facing 2...easy fold. No way are you good enough times to call a raise.

unterfish 01-07-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why post the hand then?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well. Dont know actually. Was bored [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
No. I think the real reason is: Its not that easy (at least not for me) And thats the reason why I posted it.
Is it that easy?
Tell me! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]