Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 2006-07 FA Cup Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299411)

gusmahler 01-05-2007 06:13 PM

***Official 2006-07 FA Cup Thread***

There's a Carling Cup thread, so there might as well be an FA Cup thread.

Tomorrow is the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, the first time the teams from Championship and the Premiership play.

The big games (and the ones only available on PPV in the US) are Man U/Aston Villa and Liverpool/Arsenal (who'll have a rematch 3 days later for the Carling Cup quarterfinals).

Chelsea face a League Two side on Saturday (and on Wed for the Carling Cup), but won't be resting their starters, except for Ashley Cole and Makalele: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...85&cc=5901

Valerio 01-07-2007 12:03 PM

Re: ***Official 2006-07 FA Cup Thread***

Typical performance by Man U today. Dominated, but still got scored on. Guess who, Solskjaer scores the winner in stoppage time. I'm so happy that Larsson scored in his first appearance, too.

TheRover 01-07-2007 12:24 PM

lol @ Everton

Fallen Hero 01-07-2007 02:56 PM

Larsson is so good at 35, it's unbelievable

KDawg 01-07-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Larsson is so good at 35, it's unbelievable

[/ QUOTE ]

i really wish that we were able to extend his loan til the end of the season so that we can have him when it counts in the CL

Lori 01-07-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The big games (and the ones only available on PPV in the US) are Man U/Aston Villa and Liverpool/Arsenal (who'll have a rematch 3 days later for the Carling Cup quarterfinals).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Liverpool/Arsenal will be a rematch in anything but name now. Can't see Wenger starting the first team.

Lori

sixfour 01-07-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Liverpool/Arsenal will be a rematch in anything but name now. Can't see Wenger starting the first team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv, both teams will be playing more or less a reserve line-up, the only team that'll be taking the competition seriously is Wycombe.

ThaSaltCracka 01-07-2007 08:45 PM

I would expect Liverpool to take it seriously since the only Hardware they can win this year is now CL and Carling Cup.

New001 01-07-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would expect Liverpool to take it seriously since the only Hardware they can win this year is now CL and Carling Cup.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been underestimating Liverpool all year long (deservedly at first), but they've cost me tons of money and I've come around. They're not out of the title this year yet, especially as Pompey, Everton, Villa, et al are fading.

Newtown 01-08-2007 10:08 AM

Fourth Round Draw:

Ties to be played January 27/28
Arsenal v Bolton Wanderers
West Ham United v Watford
Bristol City or Coventry City v Hull City or Middlesbrough
Chelsea v Nottingham Forest
Chester City or Ipswich Town v Swansea City
Cardiff City or Tottenham Hotspur v Southend United or Barnsley
Barnet or Colchester United v Peterborough United or Plymouth Argyle
Birmingham City or Newcastle United v Reading or Burnley
Derby County v Bristol Rovers
Sheffield Wednesday or Man City v Southampton
Crystal Palace v Preston North End
Manchester United v Portsmouth
Blackpool v Norwich City
Queens Park Rangers or Luton Town v Blackburn Rovers
Wolverhampton or Oldham Athletic v West Bromwich Albion
Leicester City or Fulham v Stoke City

I was hoping Man United would draw a lower div team so that Rossi could get some field time but that seems unlikely now that they're playing Pompey. Bolton always seems to have Arsenal's number so that should be interesting tie.