Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL100 - Insta c/red on flop w/ overpair + GS (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299275)

Haupt_234 01-05-2007 03:08 PM

NL100 - Insta c/red on flop w/ overpair + GS

Second orbit at the table. Villain is unknown. I have been pretty active right off the bat (have about $115 and villain has me covered) and this was my 4th raised hand.I haven't shown anything down.

He just about instant-min. c/red me on the flop. What is the best move and why?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($11.5, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $11.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $23</font> Hero ????

Haupt_234

DMoogle 01-05-2007 03:16 PM

Re: NL100 - Insta c/red on flop w/ overpair + GS

This is a tough spot, but I think we're ahead here quite often. We're probably only losing to a set, and sometimes T-9. There are a million draws out there, and I'm sure hands like A-9 and A-T would minCR as well. I'm probably going to get it in there now (a PSB is probably going to be nearly all-in, and such a large bet may very well look like a semi-bluff.

If you don't like that, you could always see if you get a dry turn card. Having position here is a blessing.

carnivalhobo 01-05-2007 03:18 PM

i just shove, too many scarecards

homeslice 01-05-2007 03:18 PM

Call, and reevaluate the turn.

carnivalhobo 01-05-2007 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this has more merits when the board is slightly drier, but as is what will you do when the turn comes an A, K, Q, 8, J, T, diamond?

DMoogle 01-05-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this has more merits when the board is slightly drier, but as is what will you do when the turn comes an A, K, Q, 8, J, T, diamond?

[/ QUOTE ]
And 6 (the OEST8D). I forgot there were sooo many scare cards, a good deal more than half the deck. Getting it in on the flop is definitely a better option than re-evaluating the turn.

soon2b 01-05-2007 03:25 PM

I think raising here is really bad. We have an overpair and some outs. Call and see what the turn brings. I would most likely just fold the turn to any further aggression. Often times this can be a bluff on the flop or even semibluff, so he might check the turn. We have position. I think shoving is bad because I feel when he calls, we are way behind more than we are ahead.