Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Cowher to retire (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298716)

BadBoyBenny 01-04-2007 09:59 PM

Cowher to retire

Link

Who is the best fit for the Steelers?

JaredL 01-04-2007 10:02 PM

Re: Cowher to retire

If in the coming weeks he takes a job elsewhere and the Pens leave for KC, the suicide hotlines here will be busy.

DesertCat 01-04-2007 10:03 PM

Denny Green. A "proven" winner, with the size and presence necessary to lead this team. Plus signing him gets AZ out from paying him the last year of his contract.

blackjack777 01-04-2007 10:03 PM

He isn't retiring. I would bet anyone my entire roll he is coaching a team within 2 years somewhere else.

JaredL 01-04-2007 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He isn't retiring. I would bet anyone my entire roll he is coaching a team within 2 years somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the vast majority of Pittsburghers would be perfectly happy with him retiring for personal/family reasons. Him working elsewhere will seriously piss people off though.

nolanfan34 01-04-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If in the coming weeks he takes a job elsewhere and the Pens leave for KC, the suicide hotlines here will be busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He won't take one in the coming weeks, but he'll be back within two years. If someone like Vermiel can't stay retired, why would Cowher?

brettbrettr 01-04-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the vast majority of Pittsburghers would be perfectly happy with him retiring for personal/family reasons. Him working elsewhere will seriously piss people off though.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a young guy. He'll be back. He doesn't strike me as a guy who won't sit this year, but I'm sure Miami and the NYG are very interested.

BadBoyBenny 01-04-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're both right. It would be better for the Steelers if he took a job this year and they got some compensation, although the fans here would hate him more for it. I think that if he goes somewhere after next season they would get nothing.

As a Steeler fan I would love to see Rivera or Rob Ryan. I am not very enamored with Whiz or Grimm.

I also don't hold anything against a guy who won games for my team for 15 years. If he wants to try his luck somewhere else I wish him the best.

Dynasty 01-04-2007 10:37 PM

How secure is John Fox in Carolina after the 2007 season?

disjunction 01-04-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Link

Who is the best fit for the Steelers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave Wannstedt