Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Too many overcards? Too many villains? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298680)

Bona 01-04-2007 08:46 PM

Too many overcards? Too many villains?

I am posting this not because it was a big deal hand but because I struggle with playing overcards and need to improve at it. I felt it was mandatory to bet the flop since if it didn't hit the villains they might abandon ship. If raised I would have folded. Was I prudent here or weak tight not betting the turn. How about the river? Did I set myself up for it by not betting the turn? Or is that just poker?

I also struggle when I am holding the overcards to the board knowing when to bet them and when not to. I usually push the early rounds and fold on the turn when I have 2 overcards to the board.Sometimes I will continue, HU, If I am holding AK or AQ and the board is not coordinated. Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

unterfish 01-04-2007 08:52 PM

Re: Too many overcards? Too many villains?

I would play it exactly the same. Im done after two calls with two overcards on the board especially because you got one cold-caller to your PF-raise.

MacGuyV 01-04-2007 08:58 PM

You played it fine.

jrz1972 01-04-2007 09:01 PM

You're toast after you get called in two spots on that flop. Nice hand.

CrMenace 01-04-2007 09:21 PM

*grunch*

JJ OOP against 2 over cards and three villains = check and reevaluate. I would only bet here occassionally to mix it up.

CrMenace 01-04-2007 09:27 PM

Looks like I should re-evaluate how I play these.

bozlax 01-04-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like I should re-evaluate how I play these.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Hero was the PFR he needs to fire one on the flop if checked to, but that's the last penny he should put in without seeing a jack.

If MP1 bets out, you can give it up, tho.

BigBadBabar 01-05-2007 02:45 AM

played fine nh

VirgilStarkwell 01-05-2007 09:37 AM

grunch
Well I am reading about cbetting now so maybe my opinions will change afterwards.

I like the flop bet both to knock out callers and also to get you a free look at the river card.

Anyone who called the flop is going to call the turn, with the exception of maybe an inside straight draw like KT. I think it's more likely that on the turn you'd be betting into a player with a Q or someone with 54 spades or similar who is looking to raise. So I think checking the turn is correct.

MP1 bets the river into two opponents. That plus three overcards on board makes a bluff really unlikely. The fold here is good.

00Snitch posted these links for one of my hands. It's about c-betting, mostly with overcards. If you haven't already seen them I hope they're useful.

web page
web page
web page