Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   BEAT: My monitor is broken due to water damage (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294313)

wpr101 12-30-2006 03:53 AM

BEAT: My monitor is broken due to water damage

I have my dual monitor setup in the basement. A repair man came over today to fix some pipes and he [censored] up something. Next thing I know the ceiling in my basement is dripping water right on to my computer. I was heads up in a $105 sng and had to push everyhand... lost of course. When I was playing water was coming down on my right monitor and it started smoking some but I didn't want to drop out of the sit and go. I could have been electrocuted I suppose; there was like 20 wires water was hitting. The monitor turned on briefly a few hours later but then black out. Guess I gotta get a new one.

MasterLJ 12-30-2006 03:57 AM

Re: BEAT: My monitor is broken due to water damage

Call the repair man. He should have some sort of insurance to cover things like this. He should be paying for it.

T-God 12-30-2006 03:57 AM

lmao. Homie slide your desk over or hold a pot over the monitor til the sng is over or something. Just do anything to stop the water+electricity combo.

Kilillan 12-30-2006 08:32 AM

yeah sue his ass.

Wtf broke my monitor

wpr101 12-30-2006 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lmao. Homie slide your desk over or hold a pot over the monitor til the sng is over or something. Just do anything to stop the water+electricity combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was heads up at the 300/600 level on stars. I was figured it was going to end any second but it kept coming down harder. I couldn't really slide my desk too much because of the limit of the length of wires.

SgtJake 12-30-2006 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to re-evaluate your committment to the game. I've pissed into my favorite coffee cup before because I was runnin hot on the 1/2 and didn't want to get up to go to the bathroom. The OP did well. GG

superadvisor 12-30-2006 04:47 PM

Take your shirt off and put it on top of the monitor to absorb the water.

wpr101 12-30-2006 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean I would have, but I didn't think of it at the time. I had 12 tables up at the time when this began happening. I had to close 10 cash games and the other sng finished. It wasn't like I had a plan for this in advance.

samsdmf 12-30-2006 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean I would have, but I didn't think of it at the time. I had 12 tables up at the time when this began happening. I had to close 10 cash games and the other sng finished. It wasn't like I had a plan for this in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

you beat 200/600 and you cant think of this?

wpr101 12-31-2006 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you beat 200/600 and you cant think of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

200/600? What are u talking about? The blinds were 300/600 in my sng if that is what you are refering to.