Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I hate JJ 2/4 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293839)

Kilillan 12-29-2006 03:02 PM

I hate JJ 2/4

I actually posted this hand in the cheese thread a week ago. Someone in BBV thought I played it strange, don't let the results affect you.

I don't remember exactly, but I believe villain is the looser side of TAG. One of the better players in the game, around 24/19 I think.

I was probably playing my standard 21/18 game.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $414.40
UTG+1: $1019.30
Hero: $726.10
Button: $250.20
SB: $487.30
BB: $405.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $14</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $48</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($102, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($102, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $66</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $366.4</font>

Should I call and what range of hands do you put him on?

Thanks.

Isura 12-29-2006 03:09 PM

Re: I hate JJ 2/4

This is pretty interesting. For one thing, it is easy for him to put you on exactly this type of hand. Does he think you'll check a set here? That board can get ugly fast, so you wouldn't risk losing action by checking this flop. Also you obv want to bet this flop with a lot of stuff you're repopping a 24/19 guy with. It's a good spot to check a FD/98 hand too, and then bet turn. It kinda makes no sense for him to c/r here, unless he goes one level above you. Even so, I think a set/AA should c/r river or lead river.

epdaws 12-29-2006 03:11 PM

This is like a re-hash of AJ's thread yesterday, no?

His range obv includes a set, a trapping AA, perhaps AK of clubs, perhaps a combo draw, and occasionally air / smaller pair.

Pretty easy muck for me, but I play 1/2, if that figures.

J. Sawyer 12-29-2006 03:12 PM

In my opinion the villain will view your bet as rather weak and if he is as good as you say he is, will probably be raising you quite frequently. But I really doubt he is doing this with total junk as to get this far in the hand (calling your preflop three-bet) his range is already significantly limited.

In my opinion I think you should check behind again on the turn. It makes the hand incredibly easy to play (obviously you have to call a bet on almost any card.) and keeps the pot small which I don't see any value in playing a huge pot here and by betting that turn you are basically committing yourself to playing a huge pot.

Freelancer 12-29-2006 03:13 PM

I'd usually bet the flop because I'm betting this flop like 99% of the time with draws/air/sets/overpairs and I like being consistent.

On the turn Id probably tank and call him (I didn't see the bbv post), its a weird line for him to take and I can't figure out what he does this with. I agree with isura I think villain went one level above you...

Isura 12-29-2006 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn decision is a lot different.

Kilillan 12-29-2006 03:16 PM

hmm. I didn't bet the flop because of the dbitel theorem. It will fold out almost all better hands. Get check/raised allin by flush draws, which I will have to fold to. And this guy was aggro enough to merit inducing a bluff from.

Is my thinking wrong here?

Also, how's the size of my turn bet?

epdaws 12-29-2006 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn decision is a lot different.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt about that. Flop is not.