Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Luxor, Monte Carlo, or others comparable? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293344)

esknights 12-28-2006 07:50 PM

Luxor, Monte Carlo, or others comparable?

Hey guys,

I will be in Vegas for the first time and have found a couple of deals at the Luxor and Monte Carlo. Anyone like these or should I look for something different? Poker rooms are not important. Not looking to spend too much, but want to be on the strip.

Thanks

AlaskaGal 12-28-2006 07:55 PM

Re: Luxor, Monte Carlo, or others comparable?

I have stayed at both places. They are both nice. Monte Carlo is a little closer to the center of the strip and they have a lazy river which is nice to float around in if it's hot. Other than that, I can't think of any reason why you would choose one over the other.

Mano 12-28-2006 08:09 PM

I have stayed at both, and much preferred the Monte Carlo. Aside from the Poker room at the Monte Carlo being much better, I thought the rooms were nicer, the clientelle higher class, the Brew Pub was nice, better location and much friendlier staff.

growlers 12-28-2006 08:11 PM

I have stayed at both and would choose Monte Carlo.

Closer to center strip as noted, the Brewery is a nice casual cheap good place to eat/hang, Luxor doesn't have an equivalent.
Since you mentioned cost, the chinese place at the front of Monte Carlo has a nice good value lunch special, and the beers from the brewery are quite good and free to players of course.
If staying in the summer the pool at monte carlo is quite superior as well.
Luxor is fine too, but Monte Carlo is my favorite "cheaper" strip property. I live here but we will stay a couple nights at the hotel in the summer on an internet special and use the pool, see the band at the brewery, etc.

growlers 12-28-2006 08:14 PM

Oh yeah - and Purple Reign is this Prince cover band that puts on an awesome show with a full cast of Prince "characters" from Purple Rain - it sounds really stupid when you type it out but trust me it was a really awesome show. They play on wed or thurs at the Brew Pub.

AlaskaGal 12-28-2006 08:33 PM

Yeah, you guys are right. I thought the rooms were nicer at the MC but I wasn't going to give it the complete thumbs up because a couple of my friends stayed there too (same time I was there) and they found some loose M & M's in their bed sheets on the 1st night that they were there. Thus leading them to believe that the maid didn't change the sheets. But my room looked clean to me.

Brain 12-28-2006 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you guys are right. I thought the rooms were nicer at the MC but I wasn't going to give it the complete thumbs up because a couple of my friends stayed there too (same time I was there) and they found some loose M & M's in their bed sheets on the 1st night that they were there. Thus leading them to believe that the maid didn't change the sheets. But my room looked clean to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, the maid just misunderstood the "chocolates on the pillow" part of the handbook. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

GoAheadRiverMe 12-29-2006 12:04 AM

Nothing about the Luxor has ever impressed me. As others have said the Monte Carlo is the better option between the two.

Coffee 12-29-2006 12:25 AM

Agreed...Monte Carlo is superior to Luxor, and I have stayed at both. I even stayed at MC with my dad, who can be a bit prickly about accommodations, but his comment was, "Ain't nothing wrong with this hotel,"

Also...check Harrah's...I like it for cheap Strip accommodations, too, and its location is pretty good, too.

esknights 12-29-2006 12:54 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like the MC has the overwhelming majority so I will look to book there. Can't wait.