Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   A few marginal folds (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292993)

Caporegime 12-28-2006 12:25 PM

A few marginal folds

A few plays I m not sure about, whats your line here?

Kivtor posts small blind [$0.5].
dpleymak posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 10s 10c ]
kevins14 folds.
arihani folds.
AmmyK calls [$1].
Hero raises [$2].
Belbus folds.
actman1 folds.
suw1001 folds.
schmette folds.
Kivtor folds.
dpleymak calls [$1].
AmmyK calls [$1].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2h, 3h, Jc ]
dpleymak checks.
AmmyK bets [$1].
Hero raises [$2].
dpleymak folds.
AmmyK raises [$2].
Hero folds.

I didnt think he would make this move with a draw, I actually think he has better than top pair.

freg73 posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Ad 3d ]
golfbuck calls [$1].
arihani folds.
bigbaz13 calls [$1].
kuleknol calls [$1].
Pama67 folds.
jck118 folds.
turt2127 calls [$1].
Hero calls [$0.5].
freg73 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 5d, 7c, 4d ]
Hero checks.
freg73 checks.
golfbuck bets [$1].
bigbaz13 calls [$1].
kuleknol calls [$1].
turt2127 calls [$1].
Hero raises [$2].
freg73 folds.
golfbuck calls [$1].
bigbaz13 calls [$1].
kuleknol calls [$1].
turt2127 calls [$1].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5h ]
Hero checks.
golfbuck checks.
bigbaz13 checks.
kuleknol bets [$2].
turt2127 raises [$4].
Hero folds.

So I m getting 5 to 1 there. If all my outs are clean I can call getting some implied odds. However I think I might be drawing dead or even if I m not many of my outs are dead. Adding the reverse implied odds I think this is a fold. I might make my flush and not even be able to value bet since it looks so scary. Any advice is welcome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Capo

HoneyBadger 12-28-2006 01:15 PM

Re: A few marginal folds

Please use a hand converter before posting hands, it makes them more readable and thus improves the given advice.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post3378422

Caporegime 12-28-2006 01:48 PM

it doesnt work for pacific poker..

omega21 12-28-2006 06:27 PM

Play looks good on the 1st example......you raised telling him you weren't buying his continuation bet. His reraise is screaming TPTK or a set. Without a flush or straight draws at best you have 2 outs. Unless you have seen him make a play like this previously or his stats point to a maniac that is super aggressive it was a good laydown.

As for the 2nd example I would be interested it what everyone else has to say.....I would be inclined to pay it off. Think about it from his perspective....if you had a full house would you want to raise and chase everyone off? I wouldn't raise till the river, let everyone else keep throwing dead money in and hope they make their flush and really bend them over.

Just my thoughts
J

Caporegime 12-28-2006 06:36 PM

Even if he has trip 5s there I only have 7 clean outs. 7d is dead, his kicker is dead. I dont even have pot odds to draw. Even if implied odds make up those 2 dead outs I still only break even. Someone else could ve been slowplaying a set the whole way. I think it's still a fold.

Edit: I guess I cant really know if his kicker is a diamond...8 outs

Gazzbut 12-29-2006 10:22 AM

Hand 1 looks good.

Hand 2 I would call. You are getting 5.5/1 immediate odds, discount your straight draw to 2 outs and your flush draw to 6 outs and you still have more than enough in the pot to justify a call without even taking the implied odds into account.

Edit: Just noticed you had a double gutter here. This is a super easy call.

James. 12-29-2006 10:32 AM

hand 2 needs to be a call on the turn. there's 11bb in the pot and especially at this limit people get way out of line with hands that certainly don't warrant it. you don't think a set gives more action on the flop? the pot's big and you don't want to fold a hand that has a fair share of equity on the turn with a straight/flush draw. hell, every once in a while your ace out will be good as well(like i said it's a function of play at this limit). call the turn.

Caporegime 12-29-2006 01:00 PM

Yep I didnt even see the double gutter. I guess that makes my call easy. It's likely that a boat doesnt raise there. What if it gets 3bet? I still have the odds to call with a big draw but I m more likely to be drawing dead.

Capo