Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   RTS computer games you guys play (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290493)

orange 12-24-2006 08:14 AM

RTS computer games you guys play

What RTS computer games are you guys currently playing? RTS games are far and above my favorite type of game right now. Played Starcraft/Age of empires II for quite sometime.

I currently play Lord of the rings: Battle for Middle Earth II right now, fun game. Its set up in a different style than starcraft or aoe was, but its an overall enjoyable game (ran sortve like c&c: generals). I debated getting AOE III, but it looked a bit weird and my older computer couldnt handle it. Anyways, what games you guys playin?

kutuz_off 12-24-2006 02:50 PM

Re: RTS computer games you guys play

Total Annihilation, still. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

EscapePlan9 12-24-2006 04:24 PM

Starcraft, the best RTS game everrr!!!

Freakin 12-24-2006 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Total Annihilation, still. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the supreme commander beta on fileplanet. It's the new version of TA made by Chris Taylor (i still play TA, btw).

SBR 12-24-2006 09:19 PM

I only really play WC3 still and I'm very casual about it. I've played some LOTR 1 & 2 but I feel like WC3 has better multiplayer. Although I feel like they kind of ruined the ladder system with the changes to how people level up. There are lots of people level 20+ who just aren't very good (i.e. around .500 or .550 records). Even some of the highest level players don't have great records but play a lot of games and level up that way.

SleeperHE 03-20-2007 12:21 PM

I suprised that only these few RTS games were mentioned. Here are a few more recent ones that have really add depth and replayability to the genre:

Command & Conquer: Generals + Zero Hour
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War + Expansions
Company of Heroes

For fans of StarCraft & TA, these are refreshing derivatives of your old school favorites.

I just order Supreme Commander and I plan on giving C&C3 a go when it comes out next week. Holla RTS Balla!

LeapFrog 03-20-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War + Expansions
Company of Heroes

[/ QUOTE ]

Two of my favorites. If your looking to try out some new ones Orange you really can't go wrong with either of these imo.

Eihli 03-20-2007 04:17 PM

Supreme Commander is the best.

Corpsebean 03-21-2007 12:43 PM

If you like the Command and Conquer Series you should check out the first decade, best compliation back EVER.

GotRivered? 03-21-2007 01:43 PM

Ive been getting into Company of heroes lately and though its a little different, it is definately fun

As far as older games go, Starcraft was easily the best.
Total Annihilation was good but i always felt that in all rts, the enemies and good guys feel the exact same. Starcraft had 3 completely different strategies for each race and you felt it when you played