Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   too aggressive? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=289381)

neeeel 12-22-2006 03:32 PM

too aggressive?

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (11.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls.

River: (13.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.70 BB.

check and call to showdown once the ace is out?
or is a test of strength correct on the turn?
should i have listened when he raised me, and called down?

in situations like this, i either win, but not as much as i could have, or lose, but lose more than i needed to. Its like a fine line to walk.

Buzz-cp 12-22-2006 03:40 PM

Re: too aggressive?

fold preflop, given that you didn't,
fold flop, given that you didn't,
call turn raise, given that you didn't,
I don't follow the action after he calls your turn 3-bet--was he all-in?

neeeel 12-22-2006 03:47 PM

fold preflop because? because there is a great likelyhood that i have a dominated hand? Should i only call a 3 bet preflop with a premium hand like AA, KK, or AK? even tho it was MP that opened?

fold flop because? because given that I am probably dominated, then i am still dominated after the flop?

he wasnt all in after the turn 3-bet

charlie_t_jr 12-22-2006 03:59 PM

Unless you have some kind of read on this player, I think you're dominated.

Fold preflop.

charlie_t_jr 12-22-2006 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop because? because there is a great likelyhood that i have a dominated hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Should i only call a 3 bet preflop with a premium hand like AA, KK, or AK? even tho it was MP that opened?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You should cap.

BigBadBabar 12-22-2006 04:05 PM

aq or aqs if it's 2 bets to me, i 3bet usually.
if it's 3 bets to me, i fold almost always. most ppl's 3betting range is something like aq+, 99+, and we're behind most of that range. if it's a tight player it could be jj+ and ak+ in which case we're so far behind it's gross.

even if we hit our ace we won't know with any confidence that we're good.

Buzz-cp 12-22-2006 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop because? because there is a great likelyhood that i have a dominated hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah mucking is like a standard play. Our hand does not look good after gets raised &amp; 3-bet. However, if these are maniacs, then cap it.

[ QUOTE ]
fold flop because? because given that I am probably dominated, then i am still dominated after the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um you see you have no pair, and what makes you think you have the best hand given the action preflop? You don't even have a backdoor flush draw. Again, very standard fold.

Buzz

NIX 12-22-2006 04:35 PM

Fold preflop and then again on the flop. MP3's play looks like AK to me, so I just call down after he raises the turn.

neeeel 12-22-2006 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
Should i only call a 3 bet preflop with a premium hand like AA, KK, or AK? even tho it was MP that opened?

No. You should cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

so anything else, i fold??

these are the things i need to understand. In my noobishness, i would always call a 3-bet with AQs.

what if CO raised, SB re-raised and i had AQs, then i raise? or call?? I know this is a different situation , since it could be an attempt to steal the blinds, and it might all depend on any reads, and how the table was playing
lol this game is so complicated :S

charlie_t_jr 12-22-2006 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aq or aqs if it's 2 bets to me, i 3bet usually.
if it's 3 bets to me, i fold almost always. most ppl's 3betting range is something like aq+, 99+, and we're behind most of that range. if it's a tight player it could be jj+ and ak+ in which case we're so far behind it's gross.

even if we hit our ace we won't know with any confidence that we're good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if you were just commenting in general, or addressing my "no, you should cap".

The "no, you should cap" comment was in regards to his question about only call 3 bets with AA, KK, or AK....no you should cap [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]