Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL50: How to play this turned top two-pair? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=289294)

chesspain 12-22-2006 01:15 PM

NL50: How to play this turned top two-pair?

Bodog full-table. My prior note on the BB, who has my $51 covered, was "Called a raise in MP w/J9s." The CO, who has $45, also seems kinda fishy.

Preflop: BB posts $0.50. chesspain is MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
1 fold, EP calls $0.50, 1 fold, chesspain calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, 1 fold, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.00</font>, BB calls $1, everyone else calls.

Flop: ($5) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [5 players]
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $3</font>, EP calls $3, chesspain calls $3, CO calls $3, SB folds.

Turn: ($17) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [4 players]
<font color="red">BB bets $9</font>, EP folds, chesspain...

a) Calls?
b) Min-raises?
c) Raises the pot?
d) Pushes?

cakewalk 12-22-2006 01:25 PM

Re: NL50: How to play this turned top two-pair?

i dont know about pf. whats this limp business?

i could see villain going broke with most aces here. a set is a small possibility. right now i think you're either WA/WB. his bet looks weak so he probably wont call a decent raise. theres a player to act, so i'd call and raise it on the river.

Javanewt 12-22-2006 01:40 PM

I'd raise. A min-raise might do it. If you think you are ahead, which you probably are, might as well get a little extra in.

Fiksdal 12-22-2006 01:54 PM

I really don't like your preflop limp. This hand has very little potential for hitting flops.

I fold on the flop too, after MP called, I find it likely that we are drawing to 3 outs.

Turn... I'll just make a raise to $22 here.. At these stakes you will get payed off. Calling and raising river is not so bad either.

chesspain 12-22-2006 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like your preflop limp. This hand has very little potential for hitting flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You do realize that I have a suited ace?

Mrage 12-22-2006 02:01 PM

I push, it's going all-in anyway since you won't have much left behind, and he's nearly just as likely to call a push as he is a standard raise. I don't play FR though so my advice might be a little tainted.

cakewalk 12-22-2006 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? You do realize that I have a suited ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

suited aces are a lot diff in FR than 6max correct?

kitaristi0 12-22-2006 02:04 PM

PF is fine.

TyFuji 12-22-2006 02:13 PM

Make it 20ish here, he doesn't fold a decent ace for that price and it prices him in to a check/call on the river since you'll have half your stack in the pot already.

AceLuby 12-22-2006 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it 20ish here, he doesn't fold a decent ace for that price and it prices him in to a check/call on the river since you'll have half your stack in the pot already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that a little transparant. A push will bet looked up as much as a std raise.