Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Business, Finance, and Investing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Modern Day Chris Gardner... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288812)

Akolades 12-21-2006 09:18 PM

Modern Day Chris Gardner...

Do you think the Chris Gardner story is possible today? It seems like if you dont have a degree in finance/economics you cant get your foot in the door as a broker/trader... let alone
someone who never went to school.

What do yall think? if not, what would be today's equal? someone who just went to college and got a BS major?

pig4bill 12-22-2006 03:30 AM

Re: Modern Day Chris Gardner...

Who's that? Wasn't he a small forward for the Knicks in the 80's?

ItalianFX 12-22-2006 04:24 AM

He's talking about that homeless man who is now a millionaire. There was just a movie made about him starring Will Smith called, "The Pursuit of Happyness."

climber 12-22-2006 11:27 AM

what a moran! you can't even spell happiness?

<font color="white"> sorry couldn't resist </font>

ItalianFX 12-22-2006 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what a moran! you can't even spell happiness?

<font color="white"> sorry couldn't resist </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew someone would comment on that. haha

The movie is spelled that way. Good thing you jumped to conclusions, moron!

Akolades 12-22-2006 01:24 PM

yes, the modern day story of Chris Gardner... the homeless man who works hard and lives his dream to be a small forward for the New York Knicks.

pig4bill 12-22-2006 01:27 PM

And they put Will Smith in that role? He's too short!

climber 12-22-2006 02:58 PM

Nice, I finally got to really second level someone. I thought my use of "moran" to cticize an non-misspelling might give it away but no!

I saw the movie free at an advance screening--very good movie. Nice change of pace from the normal Hollywood B.S. Highly reccomended.

ItalianFX 12-22-2006 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice, I finally got to really second level someone. I thought my use of "moran" to cticize an non-misspelling might give it away but no!

I saw the movie free at an advance screening--very good movie. Nice change of pace from the normal Hollywood B.S. Highly reccomended.

[/ QUOTE ]

People misspell moron all the time, so no, it didn't give it away. You just "2nd leveled" yourself as just another troll. Whatever, I don't care. At least you didn't have evil intentions and you came through and rectified the situation so I don't look at you as an idiot anymore.

Good movie then?

Nobody has answered OP yet.

FreakSex 12-22-2006 11:38 PM

Can't be done. You need a top degree. Period.