Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Folding AK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287148)

EnderFFX 12-19-2006 03:52 PM

Folding AK

Wish I had my hands to display, but I don't so I'll give you the jist.

$0.25-$0.50 NL 6-max
I'm in the SB with AK.
There is a standard raise ($1.50)
Then a re-rasise ($6.00)

I definitly fold this in the blinds and 90% sure I fold this on the button. Am I playing this too tight? There aren't many flops that I really like. AKs I obviously give more consideration to than AKo

Another question. UTG, you get AKo, do you limp or raise? Or mix up your play?

Sir Winalot 12-19-2006 04:08 PM

Re: Folding AK

[ QUOTE ]
I definitly fold this in the blinds and 90% sure I fold this on the button.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really hope this is a joke. On button I'm raising close to 99% of times, and very often from the blinds too. I nead a super read to call and folding AK in position is out of question. Yes, you play WAY TOO TIGHT!

[ QUOTE ]
UTG, you get AKo, do you limp or raise? Or mix up your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

6-max, never open limp. Raise if you play.

mrd99a 12-19-2006 05:20 PM

Assuming no reads, the re-raise to $6 puts his hand range something like QQ+,AK

So at best you'd be a coin flip.. I'd fold from the blinds or in position and wait for a better spot.

HOWEVER, this all changes if you have a read on the villain and have seen him 3-bet light.

Nsight7 12-19-2006 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming no reads, the re-raise to $6 puts his hand range something like QQ+,AK

So at best you'd be a coin flip.. I'd fold from the blinds or in position and wait for a better spot.

HOWEVER, this all changes if you have a read on the villain and have seen him 3-bet light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just what I was going to say.

Pretty much ANY decent hand worth a re-raise from villian is either going to make you a big loser (AA or KK) or give you the slight disadvantage in a race (medium to small pocket pairs). I would fold here and just wait for a better spot.

In a cash game AK is not particularly powerful, surely not as powerful as in a tournament.

EnderFFX 12-19-2006 06:12 PM

That's why I ask questions, to learn how to play better. I'd like to hear other people's opinions, even if it is just to tell me that I am a moron. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KurtSF 12-19-2006 06:14 PM

edit - whoops wrong thread

Javanewt 12-19-2006 06:15 PM

50NL and a re-raise preflop to $6, I fold AKo, and I probably fold AKs. I don't have much luck with AK, though. $6 reraise could easily be AA or KK, and you are in trouble.

Usually raise, not limp, with AK, but I can easily let it go post-flop or to a big re-raise pre-flop.

Ra_ 12-19-2006 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I really hope this is a joke. On button I'm raising close to 99% of times, and very often from the blinds too. I nead a super read to call and folding AK in position is out of question. Yes, you play WAY TOO TIGHT!

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize there was a raise then a 3bet in front, 4-betting is real bad here. I usually fold here.

KurtSF 12-19-2006 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you realize there was a raise then a 3bet in front, 4-betting is real bad here. I usually fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends whop the 3-bet came from, no?

Sir Winalot 12-20-2006 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, wow. I misread the whole thing. Just forget everything I said. I somehow thought hero was the 3-bettor, and OP asked if it was ok. I think it's ok to fold to a raise and a 3-bet if you're OOP.