Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ****Official End of Year Fixing Our Leaks Thread**** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286456)

epdaws 12-18-2006 06:59 PM

****Official End of Year Fixing Our Leaks Thread****

I've seen leak threads before, and because I was evaluating my 2006 numbers, I thought it might be interesting to attack our leaks as a group.

Here's how it works: I'll start by posting a leak. You respond with specifics on how to fix the leak, and then you post a leak of your own.

Mods, if this is overdone, lock it up, but I don't recall seeing one of these of late.

Leak: When I play 5+ tables I don't read hands nearly as well and I default to autopilot assumptions too often.

ImsaKidd 12-18-2006 07:01 PM

Re: ****Official End of Year Fixing Our Leaks Thread****

VVVVV good idea epdaws. There was a MSNL thread like this a bit ago.

Leak: When I play 5+ tables I don't read hands nearly as well and I default to autopilot assumptions too often.

Solution: Reduce # tables, work your way slowly up. Get a good HUD setup to replace reads (sketchy).

Leak: Playing too many raised pots OOP, especially from the blinds.

Sh@i'tan 12-18-2006 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold more from the blinds. I'm personally a nit in the blinds b/c this use to be a huge huge leak of mine.'

Leak: acting too [censored] quickly. I HATE the minute after i make a play i immediately go holy [censored] this is pure spew.

edit: cuz i can't read.

epdaws 12-18-2006 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fix: Re-raise more from the blinds, then fold more when the table adjusts to you. Select your position at the table carefully based on the aggression of your opponents.

Leak: I love to bluff and abuse known 2p2ers, which becomes a leak when they figure out that I try to pull all kinds of crap.

orange 12-18-2006 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Leak: I love to bluff and abuse known 2p2ers, which becomes a leak when they figure out that I try to pull all kinds of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fix: Continue to play tricky/good, but not spewy. Also try to avoid 2p2ers in general as having a nit at your table sucks up the action.

Leak: I have trouble playing when its folded to me in the SB and as of late, I have been spewing like mad, double barreling/etc.

wslee00 12-18-2006 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The most obvious advice would be to reduce tables, but if you're hourly winrate is still higher being on autopilot with 5+ tables vs. making better reads with 4 or less, it's not a leak. That's the first thing you should determine.

My advice would be:
1) play when you're fully alert
2) take a second longer at each table to make your decisions.
3) take better notes on opponents.
4) get a setup where you can see all the tables clearly
5) use PAHUD stats
6) don't listen to music if you do while playing (divides your attention even though you think it doesn't)

leak: raising weak bets too often.

epdaws 12-18-2006 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The most obvious advice would be to reduce tables, but if you're hourly winrate is still higher being on autopilot with 5+ tables vs. making better reads with 4 or less, it's not a leak. That's the first thing you should determine.

My advice would be:
1) play when you're fully alert
2) take a second longer at each table to make your decisions.
3) take better notes on opponents.
4) get a setup where you can see all the tables clearly
5) use PAHUD stats
6) don't listen to music if you do while playing (divides your attention even though you think it doesn't)

leak: raising weak bets too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent points. My win-rate does not plunge with more tables; I'm just saying that my overall feel is not as tight. But as you mentioned, I'm constantly distracted by things like music, television, wife, etc. I've got to clear out the stuff I can clear out.

Also, I'd be embarrassed to admit my setup to any breathing humans.

wslee00 12-18-2006 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leak: I have trouble playing when its folded to me in the SB and as of late, I have been spewing like mad, double barreling/etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tighten up your raising requirements. Don't always c-bet if you feel villain may have hit and you haven't.

epdaws 12-18-2006 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Orange,

I'm not going to offer a fix here, as I hope others will. I'm struggling with same. I feel like I have a license to quadriple barrel when it folds to me in the SB.

MyTurn2Raise 12-18-2006 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is a leak
I think the 2p2 consensous is too nitty here.