Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK vs. nitty villain (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=285203)

Haupt_234 12-17-2006 12:39 AM

KK vs. nitty villain

Villain is 19/9/4.25. Haven't tangoed with him as of yet. I have him covered.

The line I took seems really odd to me (coming from a strong limit background) but I am looking for spots where "me bet because me probably have best hand" to switch to a better line where I extract more value out of hands that would have otherwise folded.

Critique/flames welcome.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $180.60
UTG+1: $43
MP1: $38.80
MP2: $90
MP3: $140.65
CO: $100.45
Button: $17
SB: $122.30
BB: $99

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, 3 folds, MP3 calls, 4 folds.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $6</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($21.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $15</font>, Hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($51.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $25</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $101.5

Haupt_234

ReptileHouse 12-17-2006 12:45 AM

Re: KK vs. nitty villain

Why no bet on the flop?

Haupt_234 12-17-2006 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why no bet on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured most of the hands that he would bet OR check the flop and call a turn bet would fold if I bet a little under the pot on the flop (my standard).

Like I said, this isn't a normal line for me so I have no idea if it is crazy/bizarre/ok to do against a player that has a narrower range than most given his stats. Also, I am less afraid of the FD since I hold the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Haupt_234

NewTeaBag 12-17-2006 01:12 AM

I think either a flop cbet or a turn CR is in order here.

tw0please 12-17-2006 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured most of the hands that he would bet OR check the flop and call a turn bet would fold if I bet a little under the pot on the flop (my standard).

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain this? I find it hard to believe that even a "nitty villain" folds Tx or the flush draw in position to an ordinary cbet if you think he'd bet with those hands when checked to.

tw0please 12-17-2006 01:17 AM

Also, as played I c/r the turn. And, I might painfully fold to the river bet if I think villain is any good at all because what exactly are we beating there?

orange 12-17-2006 01:20 AM

I do not play FR, so take that for what its worth.

I would bet this flop almost always. Your hand is great, there are plenty of draws, etc. Yeah, villan is a bit tighter, but I think we are still well ahead of his hand range. I think you played this hand a little too slowly. I definitely don't like the c/c on the flop, I see no benefit of this play unless villan is a super LAG maniac and will keep bluffing no matter what (in which this doesnt seem to be the case). If I check this flop, it would probably be to c/r, though I don't like c/c-ing much. So lead &gt; c/r &gt; c/c imo.

Anyways, the rest of the action is a bit different due to strange flop action. I think that you missed value along the way and I would typically look to get it in with this hand.

novel20 12-17-2006 01:22 AM

I like it that you let villain to draw cheaply and you
gladly paid it off when it hits.

Haupt_234 12-17-2006 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it that you let villain to draw cheaply and you
gladly paid it off when it hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I gave him the option to draw cheaply, he didn't since he bet the flop himself. And although my line was pretty silly, I think check/folding a turned [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is a lot sillier. Is this what you are recommending??

Haupt_234

Haupt_234 12-17-2006 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet this flop almost always. Your hand is great, there are plenty of draws, etc. Yeah, villain is a bit tighter, but I think we are still well ahead of his hand range. I think you played this hand a little too slowly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey orange,

I agree that I played the hand too slowly. I should have definitely led the flop and honestly planned on c/ring the turn but backed off when the FD hit. I thought it was unlikely he had a flush but didn't want to pay my stack to find out.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Haupt_234