Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Official "I Found PS3/Wii available for sale online" thread. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283499)

Mano 12-14-2006 07:29 PM

Official \"I Found PS3/Wii available for sale online\" thread.

Thought I would create a thread for this.

I'll start - Walmart has a 20G PS3 10 game bundle available for $1332 - estimated arrival before Christmas.

Gamestop has a 20 GB and a 60 GB PS3 6 game bundle available for
$994 and $$1,104 respectively. Ship date 1/5/2007.

Mano 12-14-2006 08:34 PM

Re: Official \"I Found PS3/Wii available for sale online\" thread.

[ QUOTE ]
Thought I would create a thread for this.

I'll start - Walmart has a 20G PS3 10 game bundle available for $1332 - estimated arrival before Christmas.

Gamestop has a 20 GB and a 60 GB PS3 6 game bundle available for
$994 and $$1,104 respectively. Ship date 1/5/2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like you can get the 60GB unit in the bundle at Walmart for an exta $100.

TheMetetron 12-14-2006 08:59 PM

Are there even 6 games that warrant a purchase for the PS3??

I'd say one, and it's not a reason to get a system but rather something to buy for a system that would be sitting there doing nothing otherwise.

4 High 12-14-2006 09:15 PM

Resistance, Fight Night 3, NBA 2k7 & NHL2k7 are certainly worth a purchase.

TheMetetron 12-14-2006 09:59 PM

I call bs.

Tell me the NBA and NHL games aren't just ports from Xbox360? And I've seen quite a bit of fight night footage and wasn't impressed.... but again isn't it a port from 360?

Again, it has Resistance a good, but not great game. I'm not sure about the replayability of the game, but I'll assume it is there making it a possibly worthwhile purchase.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not all that for or against any console on principal, but I really don't see a reason for purchasing a PS3 at this time. Maybe they will get it right down the road... it is certainly possible. But as of now, if I wanted a HD console it'd easily be XBox360 and I don't think you can really argue it all that much.

But both of these systems really need to branch out. The Wii has sort of brought me back into gaming and I thought about getting a 360, but the all the good games were FPS. I can handle one or maybe two awesome FPS but I'm not going to buy 10 different versions of essentially the same game type. If they had some awesome platformers, some RPG or action-adventure games then I'd be all for it. But neither console is really impressing me too much, but the 360 is miles ahead of PS3 at this point unless you are some sort of Sony fanboy.

thirddan 12-14-2006 10:29 PM

the next wave of games for ps3 should be sweet...not necessarily second generation games, but games that didn't make launch...motorstorm, lair, heavenly sword...

Mano 12-14-2006 10:37 PM

Just found this deal at Sears.com for 60 GB PS3 with 5 games for $900, free shipping. Says will arrive before Christmas.

Games Included:
Resistance: Fall Of Man
Call Of Duty 3
Madden NFL '07
Need For Speed: Carbon
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

4 High 12-14-2006 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call bs.

Tell me the NBA and NHL games aren't just ports from Xbox360? And I've seen quite a bit of fight night footage and wasn't impressed.... but again isn't it a port from 360?

Again, it has Resistance a good, but not great game. I'm not sure about the replayability of the game, but I'll assume it is there making it a possibly worthwhile purchase.

Edit: To be clear, I'm not all that for or against any console on principal, but I really don't see a reason for purchasing a PS3 at this time. Maybe they will get it right down the road... it is certainly possible. But as of now, if I wanted a HD console it'd easily be XBox360 and I don't think you can really argue it all that much.

But both of these systems really need to branch out. The Wii has sort of brought me back into gaming and I thought about getting a 360, but the all the good games were FPS. I can handle one or maybe two awesome FPS but I'm not going to buy 10 different versions of essentially the same game type. If they had some awesome platformers, some RPG or action-adventure games then I'd be all for it. But neither console is really impressing me too much, but the 360 is miles ahead of PS3 at this point unless you are some sort of Sony fanboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to drop this Resistance is good not great. Perhaps youve only played the demo, or seen pictures, or not touched online. Whatever the case may be, Resistance IS a great game. Yes the others are ports and non exclusive, but very few consoles launch with tons of exclusive great games. You asked if there were games worth playing. I listed 4 of them. Wether they are ports or not has nothing to do with how good they are.

MrWookie 12-14-2006 11:34 PM

I find it curious that the PS3, which was supposed to be in significantly shorter supply, is easier to find than a Wii.

Jeff_B 12-15-2006 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it curious that the PS3, which was supposed to be in significantly shorter supply, is easier to find than a Wii.

[/ QUOTE ]

Defiently thinking the same thing. I want a wii damn it.