Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   My revenge on Mike Matusow (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283135)

nath 12-14-2006 11:05 AM

My revenge on Mike Matusow

So I've gotten into this Pot-Limit Omaha thing lately. The games at Full Tilt have been good and I decided to take a shot at 10/20. I had some immediate success, and noticing that some of the players were bad and sitting in the 25/50 game, decided to take a shot there. And who should be there but my WSOP nemesis, Mike Matusow.

Things are pretty uneventful. I pick off one small pot from him when I flop the nuts. Then, drama ensues.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $25/$50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7856.50
CO: $6263
Button: $2594
Hero: $4885
BB: $14074

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $100</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($400, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $400</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1600</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $4785</font>, UTG calls.

And they turn the hands over...

Hero showed T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9970, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9970) (OH NOES OUR HERO IS STUCK 5K, HIS SHOT AT FAME ENDS IN DISASTER)

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($9970, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9970) (OMFG SHIP IT, PERFECT TENS WOOOOOO)

Results:
Final pot: $9970

Matusow said something about how he runs so bad and then left after the hand. Who's the toothless scum NOW?!

SkinnyLittleTwig 12-14-2006 11:07 AM

Re: My revenge on Mike Matusow

Did he even know who he was playing against

If not, that sort of takes away from the revenge thing, you know, if the nemesis has no idea he's being revengified

ekky 12-14-2006 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's the toothless scum NOW?!

[/ QUOTE ]

still you

RunDownHouse 12-14-2006 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait, he actually called you this during the WSOP?

PartysOver 12-14-2006 11:15 AM

wsop story?

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

NT! 12-14-2006 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i missed this

nath 12-14-2006 11:16 AM

edited b/c i was only referring to the first two commenters

nath 12-14-2006 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i missed this

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah-- not to my face, but my brother and friends were on the rail and heard him clearly

dibbs 12-14-2006 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wsop story?

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Messiahkid 12-14-2006 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i missed this

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah-- not to my face, but my brother and friends were on the rail and heard him clearly

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...

Are you really toothless?