Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   AA vs 72o at Pot Limit WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281752)

Mhoram 12-12-2006 07:19 PM

AA vs 72o at Pot Limit WSOP

Did you see that hand, Rafe Furst vs Hua?

Jesus Christ that was one of the top ten most amazing hands i've ever watched just on excitement and entertainment value. When the flop came I literally jumped in the air and knocked the table over and did it again on the river. Wow!

siwicki 12-12-2006 08:42 PM

Re: AA vs 72o at Pot Limit WSOP

phil gordon haahah

psyduck 12-13-2006 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
phil gordon haahahahhahhaah

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

1968 12-13-2006 09:48 AM

what was the hand?

Jeff76 12-13-2006 10:19 AM

Google is your friend [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

MafiaPrince 12-13-2006 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Google is your friend [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

While it COULD easily be looked up on google, the hand probably should have been posted if he thinks its important enough to warrant a discussion. I watched the event and I didn't recall the hand either..

Mhoram 12-13-2006 12:50 PM

I figured anyone that saw it would remember it and didn't want to spoil it for those who havn't seen it yet since they may still catch it on tv. I'll post it later tonight or someone else can.

Jeff76 12-13-2006 01:05 PM

Wasn't trying to be a jerk- just figured I'd post a link to the hand in a (what I thought) semi-humorous way, since all I did was goggle it.

I most certainly remember the hand from the broadcast. It's one of those that really stand out. However, not nearly as exciting as Harmon's Full House loosing to a Straight Flush hand from last years ME.

Valsuvious 12-13-2006 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wasn't trying to be a jerk- just figured I'd post a link to the hand in a (what I thought) semi-humorous way, since all I did was goggle it.

I most certainly remember the hand from the broadcast. It's one of those that really stand out. However, not nearly as exciting as Harmon's Full House loosing to a Straight Flush hand from last years ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know.. I saw Harmon lose that hand and all I could say was "holy chit". Ziedman was literally shaking when he realized he turned over the cards and realized how lucky he had been.

As a side note, this hand is also demonstrated on a walk through in Dan Harrington's new book - Harrington on Hold'em Volume III. Kinda details in there what happened in the hand and what each person was thinking during the course of each street.

Zain Ali 12-13-2006 05:26 PM

Basically I don't remember this hand too good but I think Hua raised on a bluff with 7-2, offsuit, Rafe reraised with AA, Hua called. Flop came out 7-7-* and Rafe raised, Hua reraised to put Rafe all in, Rafe calls, Hua turns over the seven deuce. Rafe is wearing shades but you can see the steam coming off his head. Blank on turn, Ace on river to give Rafe the hand. Phil Gordon and Robert Williamson almost made out watching the action from the sidelines cheering on their bud Rafe.