Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [censored] you Vince Russo thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281660)

TheRover 12-12-2006 05:01 PM

[censored] you Vince Russo thread

This forum needs some wrestling crap:

The man who [censored] up WCW and is currently [censored] up TNA.

TNA should be at it's most interesting point ever with Angle vs. Joe boosting ratings and giving them the start of any longshot chance to compete with WWE. Instead I've mostly lost interest in the show. I'm actually about three weeks behind.

And I think most of that is because of Russo and his stupid [censored]. His crap first became noticeable when Christian and Rhyno fought in a random [censored] on a pole match, a Russo favorite. I guess the point was that whoever got the stuff off the pole would be able to use it in their cage match, except I don't think they actually did much. It wasn't really explained very well, which is becoming common now in TNA.

We've got this horribly named team of Voodoo Kin Mafia bitching about WWE and DX with a bunch of inside smark garbage references. They bitch about how everyone is tired of the rehashed DX and how unoriginal and unfunny it is and then do an unoriginal and unfunny "attack" video on WWE headquarters exactly like the DX segment where they did the same to WCW. Some real high comedy here from Russo.

The X-division title has been passed around like AIDs in Africa. AJ Styles is probably turning heel for some reason. The world title just changed hands in the dumbest way possible. During a pretty solid match between Sting and Abyss (Sting on thumbtacks, whoa), Sting shoves the ref and is disqualified. I thought the match was no DQ what with the tacks and all, but whatever. Somehow this results in the title changing hands without much explanation from the announcers. It was mentioned briefly on the next show that changing titles on DQ had been TNA rule forever, but had never been used before. Keep in mind this was on the big PPV designed to draw in the new fans with Angle/Joe main eventing. Earlier in the show the tags champs were stripped of the titles for being Mexican or something. What a great time to have a bunch of [censored] title changes.

Then on the next show the do some weird segment with Sting and Abyss with heavy religious undertones surely written by our born-again retard, Vince Russo, which made the "monster" Abyss look like a little bitch.

I haven't watched a show since then. I'll probably catch up eventually via torrents, or just skip to the next PPV, but I'm not really looking forward to it.

Please post all stories of how much Russo sucks here or convince me to keep watching TNA or something.

DonkeyKongSr 12-12-2006 05:04 PM

Re: [censored] you Vince Russo thread

Come on, he's the man who brought us the two greatest World Champions in the history of wrestling...David Arquette and Vince Russo.

amplify 12-12-2006 05:17 PM

TheRover, sign me up for your newsletter plz.

The worst part is, TNA has a man already on their roster who knows the business and what sells better than almost anyone on the planet. Give Kevin Nash the book and count your money.

TheRover 12-12-2006 05:24 PM

I'll say this, whoever is behind Nash/Shelley ([img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])/Starr's stuff is doing great even if it's Vinny Ru himself.

An interesting question to the people who run TNA would be what they were thinking when they hired him. I'd also like to see that resume`.

amplify 12-12-2006 05:27 PM

Russo probably laid the attitude-era ratings on Dixie Carter and she wet herself.

metsandfinsfan 12-12-2006 06:59 PM

Russo/WCW wasnt as bad as everyone says. I mean, yes Arquette was awful, and when russo wrestled it was pretty awful ... but the show was more enjoyable than what wwe is now

amplify 12-12-2006 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Russo/WCW wasnt as bad as everyone says. I mean, yes Arquette was awful, and when russo wrestled it was pretty awful ... but the show was more enjoyable than what wwe is now

[/ QUOTE ]
Now that Foley is gone again, there is nothing enjoyable about WWE. DX is mildly amusing in small doses, that's really it. There is no Jericho. There is no Rock, no Stone Cold. There is no Kurt Angle. Benoit is on Smackdown so I never see him.

What there is a lot of, is John Cena. Umaga. Spirit Squad. Rory and Robbie. Johnny Nitro. Ok, he brings Melina out with him so Nitro is ok. All the good women are gone, Lita is gone, my love Trish is gone. The women's division is now Mickie James and Vicktoria.

WWE is unwatchable trash at the moment. That said, they have a big 3 hour show next week which has no chance of being good but which I will watch anyway, hoping.

DonkeyKongSr 12-12-2006 07:41 PM

Raw is the only thing sort of remotely watchable. Take one huge step down and you have Smackdown. Take an even bigger step down and you have ECW. Seriously, I want 1 damn "company" again or 2 real companies again. This 3 "company" crap is easier for the wrestlers and everything, but it waters down the product a ton. It also doesn't help that all those guys you mentioned are gone. Although, I do like Cena.

4 High 12-12-2006 07:46 PM

Russos radio interview with Wrestlecrap is pure GOLD.

TheRover 12-12-2006 07:59 PM

I'm not as down on WWE as most people. There are some bright spots. Nitro is pretty good. I really enjoyed the legends stuff with Ric Flair and friends. I like the DX/Edge+Orton fued. Edge is great. Umaga is alright depending on what they do with him. No chance of it happening, but if he squashed Cena for the belt I'd pretty interested. Jeff Hardy is surprisingly excellent since he came back. Check out that ladder match with Nitro on Raw a few weeks ago, I think you'll enjoy it.

Smackdown actually has matches and most of them are pretty decent at least. Matt Hardy and Helms had a decent feud with some good matches. London and Kendrick are doing some good stuff whenever they have someone to work with. I am a huge Regal and Finley fan so I'm really enjoying the midcard, which should be even better with Benoit back. King Booker is a great character. The only problem is the main event scene has Batista sucking it up and now he's champ. They need a couple more legit main event guys.

I'm a few weeks behind on all this though.

My main gripe is Cena, who just blows. I would like to see someone in the DX feud as Raw champ.

oh and one more thing:

CM PUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!! how awesome was that stuff with him and DX at survivor series? i loved that