Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Set OOP in the blinds $100NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281009)

luke4130 12-11-2006 09:34 PM

Set OOP in the blinds $100NL

Button is a 27/14/3. He's normally fairly straightforward although i've started to notice him floating me and being a little more tricky with me recently. I've played with him for about 2000 hands total. He's a winning player and pretty reasonable but i think i've probably got an edge on him. I was really stuck for a read here though.

BB is fairly new but terrible, he's a 72/19/2. Does all of the things you'd expect from a 72/19. Seems to be really passive postflop, his range is huge here.

Me - $87.20 (I didn't reload in time after the last hand!)
BB - $110.58
Button - $134.50

$1BB

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds. Button raises to $3. Hero calls. BB calls.

Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9)
Hero bets $6. BB calls. Button calls.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($27)
Hero bets $19. BB calls. Button calls.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($84)
Hero???

The thing i thought straight after the hands were that my bet sizes were a little small,not sure why i did it like that. Anyone do anything drastically different though? River thoughts?

GambleAllNight 12-11-2006 09:38 PM

Re: Set OOP in the blinds $100NL

as played check the river...and call a bet under 60 bucks.
i would c/r on the flop in an attempt to isolate though.

Casper05 12-11-2006 09:40 PM

c/r flop is bad. c/r turn is ok. c/f river is bad.

pot. pot. push.

GambleAllNight 12-11-2006 09:41 PM

why don't you like a c/r on the flop

Casper05 12-11-2006 09:46 PM

why are you trying to scare him? Maybe I dont c/r enough, but I like to use my check-raises for one of 3 reasons: 1)bloating the pot so its easier to get all in soon, 2)getting it all in, 3)bluff/semi-bluff

I guess this c/r fulfills my #1, I just think it folds hands that we want to stick around

mooney 12-11-2006 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

pot. pot. push.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also like to c/r this flop. The board is very drawy and i would like to charge a draw as much as i can/isolate/build the pot. PFR'r is fairly aggressive so he will cbet here most of the time. Leading here does not gain any value from a big part of the PFR's range, as he most likely has overcards.

If you check raise here you can 2/3 pot the turn and have an easy push on the river.

Casper05 12-11-2006 09:50 PM

fair enough

GambleAllNight 12-11-2006 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

pot. pot. push.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also like to c/r this flop. The board is very drawy and i would like to charge a draw as much as i can/isolate/build the pot. PFR'r is fairly aggressive so he will cbet here most of the time. Leading here does not gain any value from a big part of the PFR's range, as he most likely has overcards.

If you check raise here you can 2/3 pot the turn and have an easy push on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
that was my thinking...jump on board casper!

luke4130 12-11-2006 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

pot. pot. push.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did think about CRing the flop, but i remember reading a great post (dbitel's???) about CRing v B3Bing. I remember him saying its important to choose the method that gets the most money in the pot - i wanted to keep our 70/20 in the hand. Is this bad here?

Casper05 12-11-2006 09:54 PM

no, thats right on.