Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO100: Wrap on 2-tone flop, do I gas it without the flush draw? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278620)

bilbo-san 12-08-2006 06:18 PM

PLO100: Wrap on 2-tone flop, do I gas it without the flush draw?

I'm playing the mixed PL Holdem/Omaha game on FTP. The action has been very loose and the table was great in holdem, but this is only the fourth Omaha hand. Effective stacks are $100 (100BBs).

I have Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button.

UTG pots, 3 callers, I call, blinds fold.

The flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG pots and there is one caller to me. My gut says that I should be gassing this, but how important is it that I do not have a flush draw?

bilbo-san 12-08-2006 07:12 PM

Re: PLO100: Wrap on 2-tone flop, do I gas it without the flush draw?

No one?

TheRempel 12-08-2006 07:17 PM

Well generally you should be folding this flop. You have 7 nut outs (Ah Ad Ac 9c 9d 8d 8h) and it's not very hard for someone to have a similar draw along with a flush draw. I would usually only play that hand after the flop with a very tight read on my opponent(s) (ie they both have sets). Even then it's not terribly difficult for one of them to have a flush draw as well. HU is a different animal.

autobet 12-08-2006 07:26 PM

I misread this hand too. 8's don't count so he has only 5 nut outs. This is the problem with underwraps, half your outs are not to the nuts.

I would usually call here with position, but Rempel is right you should be thinking more about folding than raising.

TheRempel 12-08-2006 07:31 PM

I gotta stop replying to posts at the tail end of 15 hour sessions.

bilbo-san 12-08-2006 07:32 PM

Yikes. Guess I got pretty lucky. I potted, first guy shoved, second guy called, and I called.

One Had JJKx and the other had KKJx, lol. Got very lucky that they both had sets and they both took up some of their redraw outs.

On a side point, shouldn't the player who was caught in the middle be raising when UTG leads into him? There are a ton of turn cards he's not going to like.

autobet 12-08-2006 07:36 PM

Sweet. I am changing my answer to shove all day long.

I'm raising with middle set here almost everytime.

bilbo-san 12-08-2006 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet. I am changing my answer to shove all day long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry should have included the results [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm raising with middle set here almost everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that the player caught in the middle was semi-sane and therefore likely does not have JJxx, this is more of an argument for me NOT to pot this, right?

autobet 12-08-2006 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming that the player caught in the middle was semi-sane and therefore likely does not have JJxx, this is more of an argument for me NOT to pot this, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so. He is most likely on a draw and that devalues your hand.

Of course you might be in a set over set situation with no flush draw out so its time to stack your friends [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

CrushinFelt 12-08-2006 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yikes. Guess I got pretty lucky. I potted, first guy shoved, second guy called, and I called.

One Had JJKx and the other had KKJx, lol. Got very lucky that they both had sets and they both took up some of their redraw outs.

On a side point, shouldn't the player who was caught in the middle be raising when UTG leads into him? There are a ton of turn cards he's not going to like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will occaisionally see a turn card without potting middle or top set (ie calling like mr JJ here). Depends on the moooooood.