Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   $1,000 Live MTT AQo, Street by Street (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277610)

Bullet_Dodger 12-07-2006 03:25 PM

$1,000 Live MTT AQo, Street by Street

This hand occurred a few days a go. I thought it was rather interesting.

General Info:

Runners~ 125
Players Left~ 100
Blinds: 15/30
9-Handed
Hero's Hand- A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Reads:

Hero (1750)- Hero has a pretty LAG image so far, a bit on the donkish side. This is due to a lot of table talk and odd size raises. I've been getting my Mike Caro on.
Passive/Aggressive scale- 9
Tight/Loose scale- 8

SB (1700)- Tight/Conservative player. Rarley get's out of line. He told me he's been playing for a year now, and bases almost all his actions on things he's read in poker books.
Passive/Aggressive scale- 3
Tight/Loose scale- 2

Button (1200)- Don't know a ton about him, but he's been pretty loose so far, and has been calling a little too much postflop. He's probably been the most active verbally at the table besides me.

Preflop:

3 folds, Hero raises to t81, 2 folds, Button calls t81, SB calls, t66, BB folds.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero?

Fiksdal 12-07-2006 03:41 PM

Re: $1,000 Live MTT AQo, Street by Street

Given your image, and the fact that it isn't HU, I would check.

I've never played in a $1k tournament before though.

illini43 12-07-2006 03:43 PM

I think I fire at this flop... about 150.

If I'm called by the button, I'm firing again on the turn regardless of what hits, probably about 400.

If SB calls your c-bet and button folds:

- I check behind on the turn regardless of what hits.
- If he bets the turn and I do not improve, I fold.
- If he checks on the river, I bet if I do not improve if I think he can fold a middle pp or something like A5. If an A or Q peels off, I bet as more of a value bet than anything else.

If SB check-raises, I fold.

If SB and button both call a c-bet, I slow down unimproved.

I think if you can isolate the loose button with a c-bet on the flop, you might be able to take it down on the turn unimproved.

Also, c-betting allows you the chance to take the pot down on the flop.

registrar 12-07-2006 03:49 PM

C-bet is kinda mandatory? In fact, I might actually point that out as I c-bet 2/3 pot.

Bullet_Dodger 12-07-2006 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C-bet is kinda mandatory? In fact, I might actually point that out as I c-bet 2/3 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it mandatory?

There's no draws to fold out, so were not afraid of giving a free card. We aren't folding out any better hands for the SB, maybe AK and 22 but that's about it. We cetainly aren't folding out any middle/high pairs. Given SB's tight image, he prolly won't be calling with many weaker hands either. He'll probably dump hands like AJ that we want in. We also might get a loose call from the Button, and now were OOP for the last two streets.

Note: I'm not saying checking is better.

RichC. 12-07-2006 03:58 PM

Can you really raise to 81? arent most chip values 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 and so on? at least in the tourneys i have played in they are.

seke2 12-07-2006 03:59 PM

I like cbetting paired flops and this looks like a decent one for us, pretty easy to rep an overpair here...in a 3-way pot, I might not do it though. I think I'd bet about 150 here and see where things go.

Bullet_Dodger 12-07-2006 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you really raise to 81? arent most chip values 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 and so on? at least in the tourneys i have played in they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

They gave us like 10 $1 chips to start with. Weird.

registrar 12-07-2006 04:09 PM

These are all good points. I would bet simply because we don't want to be stuck between two players, both of whom can have anything and one of whom has position, and I can't see what we're going to turn that's going to help us much (hitting isn't going to be that profitable) so I'm happy to take down the pot here. I don't mind c-bet/folding this deep either.

Interesting things obviously develop in this hand because you've posted it but at present I don't like my hand, the order of callers or the flop and so I'd just like to take it down.

Cali4niaRaisin 12-07-2006 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They gave us like 10 $1 chips to start with. Weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol home donkaments?