Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Who do you want to win BCS bowls? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274845)

esad 12-04-2006 02:50 PM

Who do you want to win BCS bowls?

Since everyone has such strong feelings about various teams here's a poll along emotional lines. So, this is not a Who do you think will win?, but Who do you want to win?

New001 12-04-2006 02:51 PM

Re: Who do you want to win BCS bowls?

Meteor, USC, Boise St., Wake, LSU.

nyc999 12-04-2006 02:52 PM

My choices:

Ohio St. - I hope by a lot
Michigan
Boise St.
Louisville
LSU

SAchamp 12-04-2006 02:52 PM

osu, mich, boise, louisville, lsu

Dudd 12-04-2006 02:54 PM

Florida, USC, Boise, Louisville, ND.

SuperUberBob 12-04-2006 02:55 PM

No love for Oklahoma. Damn.

OSU, Atomic Bomb, Boise St., Wake Forest, LSU

Riverman 12-04-2006 02:58 PM

I want Michigan and OSU to dominate, and I want every SEC and Big East team to get spanked. Luckily, this is probable.

damaniac 12-04-2006 02:59 PM

I guess OSU, Michigan, Boise, Wake, LSU.

Boise is fine, standard underdog, but OTOH I tire of minor conference types whining (insert snappy comeback about being tired of Michigan fans whining), so part of me wants to see them beatdown so that we can safely ignore such yapping for the next decade.

Wake even though they have no chance b/c they are a feel-good story, plus I hate the Big East.

LSU because they're playing ND, and my feelings towards ND are obvious.

Michigan obviously.

OSU is the tough one. Right now I'm obviously angry at Florida, but realistically it isn't a good thing for our major rival to win another national title. Sure, if Fla wins it validates the BCS (well, not really, but that's what people will say) and all the stuff about how the Big Ten sucks and SEC is amazing. But that just hurts on message boards, and I think I can live through that. Giving OSU a bigger edge in recruiting and such is very very bad for us on the field, and that matters 100000x more than message board arguing. But I think emotionally I'll be pulling for the Buckeyes.

heater 12-04-2006 03:05 PM

A Buckeye win is good for the conference and I think it actually helps Michigan's recruiting more than it hurts. Anything to make the rivalry bigger is a good thing, imo. I always root for Big Ten in OOC games.

Scary_Tiger 12-04-2006 03:07 PM

Why no love for Oklahoma, I voted expecting to be on the popular side in each one, (OSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Louisville, LSU) how can you guys want Boise to win? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]