Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   you be the floor (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=27203)

tallvinny 02-02-2006 07:52 PM

you be the floor

stack size not important in a non rebuy live tourney.

with the blinds at 300-600 it folds to the CO who makes it 3000 to go.

the button folds and the small blind takes a long time to think.

the SB begins talking to the C/O trying to get information. after a good amount of time passes the SB folds.

The button is placed so close to the C/O it looks like the SB is actually last to act. The BB is covering his cards with his hands.

The C/O thinking he has won the pot now flips over his QQ.

The BB says nothing as the dealer collects all the cards, places them face down in the muck and then pushes the pot to the C/O.

As the C/O begins stacking his chips the BB finally says something. "Hey I still have cards here".

The floor is called over and the story told by the dealer and both players in question. Nobody is arguing over the actions that took place rather over what should now happen.

What is the correct decision? What would you decide?

highlife 02-02-2006 07:55 PM

Re: you be the floor

i don't know about the rules but the BB and the dealer are idiots.

thedustbustr 02-02-2006 07:57 PM

bb: tough [censored], you had a good 20 seconds to speak.
not that it matters, QQ+/AK are insta pushing. BB is a lucky idiot.

DoubleTwentyOne 02-02-2006 07:58 PM

Correct decision = pimp slap BB.

tallvinny 02-02-2006 08:03 PM

to clear one thing up.....the BB did not do this on purpose...he obviously inexpierenced and this may be his first tourney.

also please tell me what you think the ruling should be not whose a$$ should be kicked

shant 02-02-2006 08:18 PM

If I was the floor I'd come over to the table, cup my hands around my mouth and yell in the direction of the player in the big blind, "HELLO MORON THIS MIGHT COME AS A SURPRISE BUT YOU ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING POKER YEAH RIGHT NOW CRAZY RIGHT." I'd include some echo effect with my own voice like "HEEELLLOOO (HELLO, HELLO, HELLO...)"

highlife 02-02-2006 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I was the floor I'd come over to the table, cup my hands around my mouth and yell in the direction of the player in the big blind, "HELLO MORON THIS MIGHT COME AS A SURPRISE BUT YOU ARE CURRENTLY PLAYING POKER YEAH RIGHT NOW CRAZY RIGHT." I'd include some echo effect with my own voice like "HEEELLLOOO (HELLO, HELLO, HELLO...)"

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome post. lol.

Yo Adrians! 02-02-2006 08:33 PM

QQ is dead. BB takes down the pot.

But since it's a nice home game and we're dealing with a newbie, ask the BB if he thinks his hand is better than QQ. If he says 'no', then say, 'good.' If he says, 'yes', then say, 'Well then next time, act faster newb!' Then, push the blinds over the the CO-1 with QQ.

And yes, my post is very contradictory.

Chipr777 02-02-2006 08:41 PM

Wow, this is a tough one. The BB has a responsibility to protect his own action in the pot, as does the CO. I would rule the BB's hand is dead since his hand needs to be visable to the table. The BB needed to speak up and let the dealer know he still had a hand at the time the CO exposed his hand. The CO gets a warning for exposing his hand before action is complete.

cuserounder 02-03-2006 09:49 AM

If he had spoken up after the QQ was mucked but before the pot was pushed, it'd be a tough decision and I think the BB would get the pot by rule..

However, since he waited until the pot was pushed it's definately too late.. Guy with QQ gets the pot and a warning for exposing his cards..

You sure he was new? This looks a lot like an angle shoot.. See the cards, know you're folding anyway, but if nobody realize you have cards, you can hope his are mucked and you get it...

Interested to hear if you know what the BB had...