Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Stud/8 donkament spewage (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=270707)

RubbishCards 11-29-2006 04:39 AM

Stud/8 donkament spewage

FTP $10 MTT, this is about the 6th hand. Seat 1 has already played multiple trash hands. Seat 2 has only played 1 hand and didn't show down.
~1500 stacks, limit 30-60, ante 5

3rd:
Seat 1: (XX) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls, calls
Seat 2: (XX) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] completes
Seat 3: (XX) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] brings in, folds
Seat 4: (XX) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] folds
Seat 5: (XX) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] folds
Hero:(3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls, calls
Seat 7: (XX) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] folds

4th:
Seat 1: (XX) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls
Seat 2: (XX) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] bets
Hero:(3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls

5th:
Seat 1: (XX) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] calls
Seat 2: (XX) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] bets
Hero:(3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] calls

6th:
Seat 1: (XX) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] calls
Seat 2: (XX) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] checks
Hero:(3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] bets

7th:
Seat 1: (XX) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (X) checks
Seat 2: (XX) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (X) checks
Hero:(3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) checks

Should I have thought about dumping this on 4th or 5th, given the dead 7, seat 2's board, and the fact I still only have a rough 3 card low?

I winced as soon as I clicked bet on 6th. My feeling at the time was that seat 2 would probably not stop firing with aces up or better, and had probably been going low. Then I thought about how scary my board looked and immediately felt stupid for not taking the free card.

Alchemist 11-29-2006 06:17 AM

Re: Stud/8 donkament spewage

I'd probably play it safe and let it go on 4th Street, esp if Seat 2 has been playing tight. He's either got a much better 4-card low draw or Aces and still a better low draw. He also caught your 7 which hurts you even more.

5th is probably a fold as well.

On 6th, be grateful you can get a free card and take it. You're still drawing to make a hand you can show down and there's no chance Seat 2 is folding to your bet here.

Brad1970 11-29-2006 10:42 AM

Third is a questionable call but 4th is a certain fold when he caught one of your 7's.

getfunky 11-29-2006 10:54 AM

i have a rule for playing paired hands all the way up to kings - if an ace is yet to act muck immediately - unless that ace is passive so you can limp/fold .. otherwise you get yourself in a guessing game - this may seem tight but the ace is so powerful in this game both as a two way card and as a door card that gives away nothing and allows the player to outplay you with so many different hole cards.

Andy B 11-29-2006 08:32 PM

If you're going to play this hand, I think you should raise coming in. Folding was probably better. Having limped, calling the completion was OK, but folding wouldn't be horrible.

Fourth is probably a fold. Fifth is a fold. Take the freebie on sixth. You played the river very well. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RubbishCards 11-29-2006 09:42 PM

Thanks for the responses. Small pair small kicker is kind of a problem hand for me espeically when I catch low on 4th and others appear to catch good. A few questions:

1: Is 3rd only questionable because of the ace still to act?

2: What kind of action do I actually want with this hand? Am I trying to get heads up against 1 opponent going low and hope he bricks?

3: Is 4th still an obvious fold if seat 2 catches a 5 instead of a 7?

Andy B 11-30-2006 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1: Is 3rd only questionable because of the ace still to act?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly.

[ QUOTE ]

2: What kind of action do I actually want with this hand? Am I trying to get heads up against 1 opponent going low and hope he bricks?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be fine. I would prefer to buy the antes with a hand like this.

[ QUOTE ]
3: Is 4th still an obvious fold if seat 2 catches a 5 instead of a 7?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's closer but I think so.