Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AJ tp3k >2pair turn line check [free quote too] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=269124)

munkey 11-27-2006 10:04 AM

AJ tp3k >2pair turn line check [free quote too]

[ QUOTE ]
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've recently discoverd a leak of mine where I hit a TPTK type of hand on a dry flop and are raised then hit 2pair on the turn Even though my hand's absolute strength has gone up -it's relative strength to many of the flop hands that raise me hasn't changed.
Whilst trawling my database for older hands of this type I found this one from the weekend. Although not of the type I alluded to above I think I misplayed it nontheless...
[/ramble] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Villan is 23/6/3.58 over 900hds, mutlitables reloads short and slowplays,vbets weakly. Somewhat weaktight -fold s90% to a river bet.

I'm my usual tight PFR/cbetting image and have been stealing teh blinds more than the usual ~20%ish I do.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $24.45
Hero: $95.35
Button: $30.55
SB: $27.45
BB: $86.40

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $12</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $34.25
<font color="#ffffff">Button showed 9h 9s</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks Jh Ad</font>

kaz2107 11-27-2006 10:44 AM

Re: AJ tp3k >2pair turn line check [free quote too]

this hand looks fine to me. i dont see any other way to play it.

r u thinking of check calling the river? cuz i think u miss a lot of value from AK and AQ as well as some worse 2 pair hands.

u cant fold to a damn minraise on the river with top 2 either. so i dont see how u could play it differently and get better results long term

Jouster777 11-27-2006 11:26 AM

AJ here is essentially equivalent to flopping bottom set (AA and T8 pretty much ruled out by PF play). I think your hand improved substantially with the turn and villain shows little strength.

Was the turn play for pot control?...if so I think its a mistake. If it was a deception play then maybe its ok.

I push on the river minraise as he only has ~$13 left. The fact that he had 99 is bad luck but not really relevant.

kitaristi0 11-27-2006 11:49 AM

Pot pot pot.

SykoraG 11-27-2006 11:57 AM

I definately am stacking the vil on this one. Sucks he had a set, but I think we see AK / AQ /A10s here 90% of the time.

munkey 11-27-2006 12:12 PM

tks for the replies - As you could probably tell I was a little dazed and confused [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Turn check was going to be c/r AI given his stack size.

I didn't know if a turn lead would have been better?
River play I was unsure given he's WT( &amp;folds 90% river to a bet) and minraising me I thought i'd just call.

LOL didn't realise I included results.

BukNaked36 11-27-2006 02:14 PM

"it's relative strength to many of the flop hands that raise me hasn't changed"
- I would disagree with this. A9, A7, AK all might be looking to get a little more money in.

I'm never checking this turn. I know it's a dry board but TJ might be looking to hit a gutshot, or QQ, TT might be looking for a cheap showdown.

Based on your read of villian, I might slowdown on the river, but honestly I probably call a push there as villian is short.

I go broke with top two like it's my job.