Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official NFL Week 12 Game Discussion Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=268492)

Madtown 11-26-2006 01:32 PM

Official NFL Week 12 Game Discussion Thread

Thread for pre-game and in-game discussion.

Sun Nov 26 1 PM
Jaguars at Bills
Texans at Jets
Bengals at Browns
Panthers at Redskins
Cardinals at Vikings
Saints at Falcons
* 49ers at Rams
Steelers at Ravens

Sun Nov 26 4:05 PM
* Raiders at Chargers

Sun Nov 26 4:15 PM
Bears at Patriots
Giants at Titans

Sun Nov 26 8:15 PM
* Eagles at Colts

Mon Nov 27 8:30 PM
* Packers at Seahawks

* = Games available on TVU

Game-time Decisions:
BUF Willis McGahee: Will play, may be limited
CAR Deshaun Foster: OUT
CLE Reuben Droughns: Will play, may be limited
NO Marques Colston: OUT
PHI Donte Stallworth: Questionable, expected to play
PIT Hines Ward: Will play, may be limited

Some thoughts:

JAX @ BUF: Leftwich is all but officially done for the season, so this is Garrard's team for now. The Jags are still in the wild-card hunt, but their play remains inconsistent. Meanwhile, the Bills have been coming on a bit. Also worth paying attention to is McGahee coming back from broken ribs; he's supposed to start, but will we see a heavy mix of Anthony Thomas today to ease Willis back in?

HOU @ NYJ: The Jets have a relatively easy schedule down the stretch -- Texans, Packers, Bills, Vikings, Dolphins, Raiders. But to make the playoffs, they may very well have to win them all. Chad Pennington needs to get it together; after his first 2-3 weeks, he's been pretty dismal.

NO @ ATL: A big battle for the NFC South. Both teams are on a slide, losing 2 and 3 in a row respectively. I expect we'll see a dismantling of the Falcons, although it will be a bit closer than their first matchup.

SF @ STL: The Rams are favored by 4.5. What the hell? Niners by 7. Gore gashes the hell out of a defense for the 2309423 week in a row. I wear my Niner homer hat proudly, but nonetheless: this Rams team is in BAD shape with Pace out and their defense playing horribly.

CHI @ NE: New turf in Foxboro, and this is an important game for both teams. New England getting a win would go a long ways to getting a stranglehold on the AFC East, keeping the Jets at least 2 games back. Meanwhile, the Bears have to prove they can play against good teams (aka, an AFC opponent). They're going to the playoffs, but more and more this looks like a team that will be nearly as vulnerable in the playoffs as the 2005 Bears.

PHI @ IND: Must-win for Philly if they have any hope of salvaging this season. If the team cannot succeed without Donovan McNabb this week, they'll fall two games back in the very tough NFC East.

AncientPC 11-26-2006 01:34 PM

Re: Official NFL Week 12 Game Discussion Thread

Quick question, where are you getting your injury status updates?

Madtown 11-26-2006 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick question, where are you getting your injury status updates?

[/ QUOTE ]

Largely footballguys.com forums, where people will post updates as they hear them from ESPN and local broadcasts. They stick a thread before the games for each impact player that is a game-time decision.

MacGuyV 11-26-2006 01:43 PM

What is so hard to understand about home Rams >>>>>>>>>> road Rams?

Madtown 11-26-2006 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is so hard to understand about home Rams >>>>>>>>>> road Rams?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're only 2-2 at home this year.

They also haven't beat anyone worth mentioning (even by NFC standards) since Week 1.

They're missing Pace, their run D is horrid, and Frank Gore is a beast.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they won, I'm just surprised that they're favored.

Madtown 11-26-2006 02:07 PM

Drew Brees, 76 yard TD to Devery Henderson on third play of the opening drive. God I love Drew Brees.

mmbt0ne 11-26-2006 02:09 PM

God I hate Chris Crocker.

Madtown 11-26-2006 02:11 PM

Manny Lawson with a FREAKISH interception to kill the Rams opening drive. That was impressive.

TODD HEAAAAAAAAAAP TD. God I love Todd Heap.

Spellmen 11-26-2006 02:23 PM

Don't really like the punt by the niners on 4th and inches. We could have really put them in a hole with a quick score.

Thank god I started Henderson, thanks Brees!

TheRover 11-26-2006 02:25 PM

whoa, whoa, whoa, did I read that right, is the color guy in the SF/STL game THE Jesse Palmer??? I had it on mute until now.