Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Another basic blind question...A4s (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=267705)

DCWildcat 11-25-2006 02:09 AM

Another basic blind question...A4s

Very simple. 2/4.

No reads on opponents. Folded to me on the button with A:spade 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I raise. BB calls. Flop is QQ4. He checks, I bet, he check-raises. Call him down? Does it depend on the cards that fall on the later streets or is it not that close at all?

Leader 11-25-2006 02:19 AM

Re: Another basic blind question...A4s

I would never fold this. There's too much of a chance he just has a lower four. There are some places similar to this where I'd raise/fold the turn with the intention of betting the river UI. The problem with doing that here is that your pair is so low that there are very few lower PPs he could have. So just calldown here.

PokerBob 11-25-2006 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would never fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

sharpie 11-25-2006 07:04 AM

I'm guessing the question is whether or not to put a raise in.

Kwaz 11-25-2006 08:33 AM

I'd probably 3bet and bet the turn folding to any more aggression.
I think that this gets to showdown for 1/2sb less on most occasions but also puts a lot of pressure on small PP on the turn.

Sushiglutton 11-25-2006 11:00 AM

I'm calling down. Typical bluff flop. The players I play against never CR flop with trips. But I guess u can't be that fortunate at 2/4.

Veron 11-25-2006 11:18 AM

I would also just call down. Kwaz his line does put more pressure on small pocket pairs, but the advantage of calling down is that you let your opponent hang himself on a bluff. Especially on a board like this you will see a lot of bluffs, so I think calling down is the most profitable option.

Jiggymike 11-25-2006 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also just call down. Kwaz his line does put more pressure on small pocket pairs, but the advantage of calling down is that you let your opponent hang himself on a bluff. Especially on a board like this you will see a lot of bluffs, so I think calling down is the most profitable option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking. Well spoken.

Kwaz 11-25-2006 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that even his bluffs have 6 outs. The possibility of folding a 6 outer (which has about 25% equity on the flop), combined with the possibility of folding a better hand makes me forgo the opportunity for further value extraction. More often than not, it also allows me to save money against a better hand.

sharpie 11-25-2006 10:30 PM

Since when does anyone fold a better hand when we 3 bet this flop?