Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fun w/ JJ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=267108)

The Dude 11-24-2006 02:12 AM

Fun w/ JJ

UB 3-6 9 handed. No reads on either opponent.

Preflop:
Hijack raises, CO 3bets, Button folds, The Dude caps it from the SB w/ J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB folds, Hijack and CO call.

Flop: (12.5 SBs) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
The Dude bets, Hijack calls, CO raises. The Dude 3bets, Hijack insta-calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.5 BBs) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
The Dude bets, Hijack and CO both call w/o hesitation.

River: (13.5 BBs) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
The Dude checks, Hijack bets, CO insta-calls. The Dude...?

Comments on other streets?

ncboiler 11-24-2006 02:14 AM

Re: Fun w/ JJ

It's too big to fold and obviously you aren't going to raise. Call and muck your hand.

Harv72b 11-24-2006 02:23 AM

I could see either bet/3betting the flop, as you did, or pulling a stop & go when the turn blanks.

I have to think that bet/fold is a better river option than check/overcall. Although if you're not comfortable folding to a raise (I assume that's the case here)....meh, I still think it's a bet/fold, maybe bet/call if one of them folds.

Haupt_234 11-24-2006 02:44 AM

The river is a tough spot. Even though the pot is quite large, I think you should check/call one player back to you but check/fold if you are an overcaller.

Haupt_234

Caporegime 11-24-2006 03:30 AM

You cant play this much better from the sb. I might check raise the flop to define my hand a little better (since CO 3bet he s likely to bet) and maybe you lose Hijack if he doesnt have a club. Other than that its cool, I think the pot is too big for a bet/fold on the river so a check/call is ok.

Capo

Jake (The Snake) 11-24-2006 03:55 AM

I can't conceive of any hand that HJ would play this way that you are ahead of. The overcall makes it even worse. Even in a big pot like this, I have no problem folding.

Dagger78 11-24-2006 04:02 AM

I fold. I just can't imagine the jack being good here 1-15. Not with a bet and a call.

Gazzbut 11-24-2006 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold. I just can't imagine the jack being good here 1-15. Not with a bet and a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont think there is a 10% chance (only needs to be 6% to make calling a neutral ev play) hero is up against red aces in the co and say ThTc for the hijack?

I cant fold here.

bernie 11-24-2006 06:07 AM

If you're thinking of calling this river, I'd have rather bet out and folded to a raise. Unlikely anyone would be raising with a weaker hand in that spot especially after all the power you've shown the whole way.

A bet and a caller? That's a tough overcall given all that they've withstood to get this far.

But then, the 'no reads' light is on...

b

John Dough 11-24-2006 06:56 AM

Seems like a fold to me, but it's not a particularly easy one.