Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   So I just won a 3k pot with 8 high (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=264753)

Oki-Oki 11-20-2006 08:15 PM

So I just won a 3k pot with 8 high

Caution: I played this hand like a complete donk so save your breath if you want to flame me.

Anyway playing in a private game where I live. The game is super juicy and money is lent freely by the guy running the game. The game is 5/10 PL holdem and omaha rotation with frequent straddles and over straddles.

Anyway we are 7 handed and im in the cutoff. Utg - the guy who runs the game (a bit of a crazy maniac when loosing, hes' loosing) straddles to 20. Next player calls and I raise the pot with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (yeah I know great play). Anyway I have 4k behind and cover about half the table including utg. Anyway I get 5 callers including utg.

My image in this game is very tight ABC player. Which is fine by me. Anyway the flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . BB who has called checks and utg leads out for the pot which is around $540ish. Not exactly sure I've just come of a longish session. This bet seems super fishy to me. And I go into the tank because I'm sure he doesnt have a 2 and he's probably leading with a smallish overpair like 66 or 77. So I tank then announce raise [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. Hoping he folds to the bigger overpair im representing. Yes another stellar play with 4 donks behind me. Utg has $1050 left so i raise his bet with $1100. Its folded back to him and he instantly calls.

Now I think [censored] what have I gotten myself into. And he says to me "What you got" to which I reply "[censored] all," he says "What? Flush draw" and I reply "[censored] all, 8 high."

At this point he turns over 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for 7 high. At this point I decided to ask if he wants to run it twice and he has no idea what this is. So I explain it to him at first he doesnt get it so I go over it again. He finally decideds against it, so I ask him if he wants to split the pot. He replies that this is not allowed and the dealer proceeds to deal the turn with is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] fine blank. Now it looks like I'm pretty much getting free-rolled for a split unless I pair but then the river comes the beautiful 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

There's a momment of confusion by everyone at the table then 8 high is declared the winner. Thats right 8 HIGH, ship the $3k+ pot. SHIP IT, HOLLA

The guy is incredulous he cant believe my play. And wants an explenation on how I could bet so much with only 8 high. I say "I was hoping you would fold." A player sitting next to me asks the utg player "When you called did you think you were behind?" To which he replies "Of course." The guy replies back "Pretend he had AA and move on." [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

CLIFF NOTES: I played like a donk and luckboxed a $3k+ pot with 8 high.

alphatmw 11-20-2006 08:21 PM

Re: So I just won a 3k pot with 8 high

sounds like expert play to me.

snakekilla88 11-20-2006 08:27 PM

teach me

jimmyfingers 11-20-2006 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was me and bob, we was at safeway. that nigga bob said this, so then i punched that nigga, and then i broke out

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

BadLieutenant 11-20-2006 08:42 PM

tl, dr

paperjam 11-20-2006 09:17 PM

it is worth reading, great post

akishore 11-20-2006 10:22 PM

haha, AWESOME

Morrek 11-20-2006 10:25 PM

Nice one

zipppy 11-20-2006 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the pot with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

the flop comes 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

he turns over 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

the turn with is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] fine blank. Now it looks like I'm pretty much getting free-rolled for a split unless I pair

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this a freeroll? Doesn't any non-heart/non 7/non 4 ship you the pot? A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], for example, would win the hand for you.

anyway, nice hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

zip

egocidal 11-20-2006 10:40 PM

I try not to troll the forums while high for fear that I will respond to 30 posts in OOT/BBV with "dude, this is so funny, im high zomgz". But this, this is worth it. [ QUOTE ]
it was me and bob, we was at safeway. that nigga bob said this, so then i punched that nigga, and then i broke out.

[/ QUOTE ]