Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   PP, I hate these hands (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=264123)

iluzion 11-19-2006 11:36 PM

PP, I hate these hands

My first hand at table, all I've seen of villain thus far is him going off on someone for making a "stupid preflop call".

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
[color=#cc0000]UTG raises</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
Hero checks, [color=#cc0000]UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, [color=#cc0000]UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
Hero checks, [color=#cc0000]UTG bets</font>, Hero...

Buckmulligan 11-19-2006 11:44 PM

Re: PP, I hate these hands

Flop is an insta checkraise. Since you didn't, checkraising the turn is less of a great idea but also fine, IMO. Given your check/call on the turn, I'm assuming that you would have bet/called any other card.

I think calling the river is slightly -EV given the ace

Mossberg 11-19-2006 11:50 PM

When I'm not 3betting low(er) pocket pairs preflop, I tend to C/R them HU on flops like this. Most of the time he'll have overs that you should be charging to draw, so C/R, bet bet is how I would usually play a hand like this.

Gib 11-19-2006 11:53 PM

c/r the flop then lead each street.

Jiggymike 11-20-2006 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r the flop then lead each street.

[/ QUOTE ]

evilgenius 11-20-2006 01:13 AM

Can you explain why this is a insta check raise? I really want to know the reasoning...

I would have bet the flop and turn and c/c the river.

Buckmulligan 11-20-2006 01:24 AM

its an insta checkraise because we have the equity to do it versus his range and we'll get value from that range each time.

Wolf44 11-20-2006 01:46 AM

He very often has overcards here, a lot more often than pocket pairs, so you are ahead most of the time.

poisonxfree 11-20-2006 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He very often has overcards here, a lot more often than pocket pairs, so you are ahead most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's calling at least flop and usually turn with these holdings UI as well.

TomBrooks 11-20-2006 06:28 AM

I am not trying to tie a guy with overcards to his hand or give two overcards correct odds to call so I usually don't c/r. Especially with a pp as low as 66. I just bet the flop unless I think he will fold to a c/r.