Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Travel tips. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=259548)

JMP300z 11-13-2006 07:11 PM

Travel tips.

I was about to book a flight to vegas and someone told me to wait until tomorrow (tuesday) to save a few bucks. This got me thinking, anyone have any other tips for savings or stuff when traveling?

-JP

The DaveR 11-13-2006 07:13 PM

Re: Travel tips.

[ QUOTE ]
I was about to book a flight to vegas and someone told me to wait until tomorrow (tuesday) to save a few bucks. This got me thinking, anyone have any other tips for savings or stuff when traveling?

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did they tell you to wait?

JMP300z 11-13-2006 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: i guess tuesday is cheaper than monday which is cheaper than friday-sunday. Probably has to do with how many people book over the weekends.

NLSoldier 11-13-2006 07:16 PM

that was a pretty assanine response.

obv thedaver was asking why it is taht waiting till tues will save you a few bucks.

edit: good edit.

mrkilla 11-13-2006 07:16 PM

um i think he ment Fly on not book on...

JasonK 11-13-2006 07:17 PM

If you're in the LA area check out flying to/from ONT instead of LAX. One of the least busy airports I've been too.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-13-2006 07:29 PM

I'm incredibly fast going through security. Like, nobody is faster. My belt is off, electronics/watch/change in my carry-on, shoes are ready to slip off, laptop out. I rule.

This isn't really relevant to your OP, just wanted to say how awesome I am at security.

JMP300z 11-13-2006 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm incredibly fast going through security. Like, nobody is faster. My belt is off, electronics/watch/change in my carry-on, shoes are ready to slip off, laptop out. I rule.

This isn't really relevant to your OP, just wanted to say how awesome I am at security.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some questions:

1. Does this save you time or do you still wait for the idiots in front of you?

2. Did you learn this as a male stripper?

3. Does this save you money?

4. Whats your 40 yrd dash time?

5. Do you pressure your travel mates to keep up...perhaps pushing for a race? or maybe offering to make out with a dude (remember your not gay) in order to get them fired up?

-JP

The DaveR 11-13-2006 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: i guess tuesday is cheaper than monday which is cheaper than friday-sunday. Probably has to do with how many people book over the weekends.

[/ QUOTE ]

It this true? The only consistently obvious price difference I've observed involves a Saturday overnight stay. I've never noticed price discrimination between flying on Mon or Tues. This logic also totally flies in the face of charging a premium for business passengers.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-13-2006 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Does this save you time or do you still wait for the idiots in front of you?

[/ QUOTE ]

it can, b/c I pass the people who are still lacing up their hiking boots or figuring out where their hat is. if I need to get to the gate in a hurry, I just saved 10 seconds!

[ QUOTE ]
2. Did you learn this as a male stripper?

3. Does this save you money?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. No.

[ QUOTE ]
4. Whats your 40 yrd dash time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran 4.7 in high school, but that was 20 pounds ago.

[ QUOTE ]
5. Do you pressure your travel mates to keep up...perhaps pushing for a race? or maybe offering to make out with a dude (remember your not gay) in order to get them fired up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually just 'sigh' at them condescendingly. It lets them know how superior I am in a passive/aggresive manner.