Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I hate this hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=258293)

climber 11-12-2006 12:39 AM

I hate this hand

Button is 42/15 35 to SD Total AF 1.3 slanted towards river
SB is 36/2 43 to SD

Full Tilt Poker ($5/$10 Limit Hold'em) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.5 SB) [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

I really dont know what to think of this hand. Am I supposed to try to c/r the flop? I feel like this is the kind of board that gets checked through a lot. Button's AF is only 1.3

It easy to hit reply and say "duh bet the turn" but i got called in 3 places on the flop. I dont like betting the turn and getting called in one or two places against passive people. What do i do then just c/f the river? And if i get raised I'd call cause the pot is so big. I dont want to put in 3bets to see the river and I'm prone to doing that sort of thing...so I check the turn.

Leader 11-12-2006 12:55 AM

Re: I hate this hand

I think the flop bet is fine. You don't want it to get checked through here and he's passive. I would bet the turn though. You don't have to call a raise from a passive player though. If BT raises, he will have AT quite frequently. You might be able to justify a call if it goes bet-fold-raise. I don't think you can ever justify a call vs. SB because he'll have you drawing dead too much. The plan on the river if you get called twice or more is to just b/f. BT's call will often mean a big A and the other guys will often have lower pairs.

Ainex 11-12-2006 01:47 AM

Re: I hate this hand

I bet the turn here.