Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   22$ Stars; Which hand would you put Hero?; Calling range for Villain? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256955)

Rachmaninov 11-10-2006 02:38 AM

22$ Stars; Which hand would you put Hero?; Calling range for Villain?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t1010)
Button (t6440)
SB (t3190)
Hero (t2860)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with (not interesting)
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t400</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t200

Flop: (t900) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets t200</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t600</font>, Button calls t400

Turn: (t2100) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks

River: (t2100) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t800</font>, <font color="gray">Button ?</font>

Hi,i was 12 tabling and i got down to 6 tables. My Style is (Pokertracker) Semi-loose-agressive. But i am (hopefully:) not a donk. In early stages i play pretty tight and fold AQ if UTG raises...ok, but somehow i loosen up later. At the moment my table image should be still pretty tight. This is exactly the moment when i beginn loosening up.
My Question is the following: I "observed" (as far it is possible) that my opponent was a inkonsequent Laggy guy. He is a stealer who backs off when he`s facing a fight. But only a few did...so he got a big stack. Do you think he will fold after my riverbet any middlepair 99+ &lt;JJ ?
As i played, i put him on a flushdraw or a 10, since he checked behind on the turn. If he had a jack he probably would have probably bet the turn as far as i know him.

On what hand would you guys put me and how would be your line as villain if you

1) had a ten with a K or A kicker
2) a jack with mediocre kicker (obviously he didnt have AJ since he would`ve shoved the flop)
3) Flushdraw

4) which which holding would you call my riverbet?

I would be thankful, if you can answer like

1)xxxckddaga
2)dfkjalkdjls
3)adfkjsödlf
4)akdjölk and give some reasons, why and why not

Thx.

Velocity 11-10-2006 03:45 AM

Re: 22$ Stars; Which hand would you put Hero?; Calling range for Villain?

1) Call
2) Call
3) Fold
4) I call the first 2 because I don't think you have much, and fold the third because if you do have a small piece of it you have sick odds to call and bluff shoving postflop on the bubble is dumb.

A lot of villians like to take a Hellmuth type approach and make small raises and small bluffs. You tried to take advantage of this by checkraising with what could be a pair or could be nothing. Once he called, I start to learn toward you not having a super strong hand because you checked the turn. Your bet on the river imo is either a sign that you had a six turned a good hand, or a complete bluff hoping he was on a draw. I don't see you valuebetting a ten here, or a jack unless its AJ/KJ.

At least that's what I think is going on, I don't know.

Velocity

futuredoc85 11-10-2006 03:51 AM

Re: 22$ Stars; Which hand would you put Hero?; Calling range for Villa

your line is a FH, quads, or air here to a thinking villain

Rachmaninov 11-10-2006 05:30 AM

Thx...guys for answering:

@velocity: I dont know anything about a hellmuth approach, but actually its what i did. I felt that i could outplay this guy (after we were headsup it was just funny, because i never had a more predictable opponent...)
I am talking high risks at the bubble since i wanna finish first. I played with air. Acutally i had 10,3s but that doesnt matter much, since i didnt call the raise for value with that holding:) I thought, i could take him of a 10, because i had a big kicker problem and i thought i cant win that pot without firing again. I wanted to play it like i hade a monster (therefore my turncheck). But probably i didnt play it good enough since you wouldnt have folded a 10. But that was actually what i wanted. He probably had a FD and folded......Intersting to me that futuredoc said exactly what i wanted to hear:).
As i allready said, if you shove, people are making great calls with jack high!!! etc...(once i "bluff-shoved" with 77 on a board with 2overs and got called by...!!!Bottom Pair!!!, and i won my bluff)...Therefore i dont like shoving.
Because same as people like great calls, they love great laydowns...Thx for your comments velocity

@futuredoc: I hoped my opponent was a thinking villain and would exactly see that i can only have a "monster". Since it was on the bubble i wanted him to believe that i would not bluff half of my stack. The 800 bet looked to me more convincing than a shove. Unfortunately i dont know what he had...But thx for the feedback, i will try this move sometime again:)

Finnisher 11-10-2006 11:28 AM

1) bet 600/fold to a push (I might call, tho). As played 3-bet push on the flop.

2 and 3) bet 600/call a push. As played 3-bet push on the flop.

4) 6x (push), Tx, Jx, QQ+ (push). Maybe 77+ too against certain Hero's.

I'd put Hero on QJ+, QT+ or better or a missed draw if Hero is a donk. Looks like a block bet so I'd think it's J with a good kicker.

I like to lose chips on bluffcatchers if I'm the chipleader.

DaN_05 11-10-2006 12:02 PM

Your PF call w/ T3s is weak. One guy has 5xBB and is about to hit blinds again, and you wanna fight w/ a big stack w/ T3s? Yuck.

Everything about this hand is just spew, IMO. Flop raise, too small.

Turn check, yeah fine. But river bet = huh?!?! You have a hand w/ showdown value, so check it. Your bet is really awful here w/ the hand you have.

AmazingErvin 11-10-2006 12:07 PM

I would put you on T6 or J6 which would be a bad preflop call, or suicide mission. Only hand I think this is OK line with is 66, otherwise I think this line is terrible.