Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Rules for Poker Tracker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=256479)

Fiksdal 11-09-2006 03:10 PM

Rules for Poker Tracker

Does anyone have a good set of rules I can add to auto rate the poker tracker players in MTT's?

Sam T. 11-09-2006 03:20 PM

Re: Rules for Poker Tracker

I'm not sure this is even a good idea. Unlike ring games, tournament players (should) adjust their play considerably over the course of a couple of hours. So Tighty McNuts early is going to be lagging it up late. Between the first and the final table of a 180 my VPIP has gone from 15% to 30%, and my PFR has skyrocketed. Any rating you get would be highly contingent on when you run into a particular player.

elstunar 11-09-2006 03:23 PM

like sam said it's pretty useless in tourneys for the most part, but if u want some for ring games, search the ssnl faq i believe i found some there once

Ontario_Tory 11-09-2006 03:24 PM

in fact, I don't believe PT even has the ability to auto-rate tourney players...

OddJustice 11-09-2006 04:00 PM

No set of rules here also .... but I really take PAHud numbers into consideration. Default layout and numbers.

Obv, I take into account that players are suposed to change gears.

nomadtla 11-09-2006 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in fact, I don't believe PT even has the ability to auto-rate tourney players...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the case for the reasons stated by others. It would be too much work to set up autorates that play to every variant (blinds, # of players, distance to bubble) and because of how many players there are you have so little data that an autorate would be close to useless.

MyPC8MyMoney 11-10-2006 01:19 PM

one thought to address the changing tourney depth logic...

What I do is set PAce to score % based on the last 25 hands. While still not a jillion % accurate, it seems to image players better than rating on all hands played.

I may push this 25hands a bit deeper...still pondering that one.

OddJustice 11-10-2006 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What I do is set PAce to score % based on the last 25 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I think less than 3 orbits is too little.

Sometimes I change to last 30, to last 20, specially after bubble, or in the bubble .... just to compare to his previous play. But after that I reset to all hands

BigAlK 11-10-2006 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What I do is set PAce to score % based on the last 25 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I think less than 3 orbits is too little.

Sometimes I change to last 30, to last 20, specially after bubble, or in the bubble .... just to compare to his previous play. But after that I reset to all hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I have overlapping filters set based on number of players at the table (2-3, 3-4, etc).

allenciox 11-10-2006 05:09 PM

I do something similar except I apply a filter to the levels of the blinds. For example, on Pokerstars I play a lot of the rebuy tourneys. Obviously the way someone plays changes a lot between rebuy and later. So at the beginning of the tourney, I choose the Preferences window from the tourney screen, and select to show only blind levels up to 100 (for 50-100). This way any players I have played before will include any hands I played with them in the initial hour. After the first break, I change the Preferences to show only blind levels from 150-400 to correspond to the second hour. I find that people often play different here than later --- usually a little looser, but not nearly as loose as during rebuys. Then after the second break, I select blind levels over 400. Sometimes I distinguish prebubble vs. postbubble as well.