Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   The River From Hell (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=255964)

StellarWind 11-08-2006 10:24 PM

The River From Hell

Decent 40/30 LAG opens on the button. Hero 3-bets with A9o and BB folds.

Flop is 952 two-suited and Hero doesn't have any. Hero bets and Button calls.

Turn is 8 of flushes. Hero bets and Button calls.

River is 6 of flushes. That's 95286 with a four-flush and 6.5 BB.

Now what?

mscags 11-08-2006 10:26 PM

Re: The River From Hell

Well a 40/30 guy seems like someone who would bluff raise this river, so that makes this decision tough. I dont like check folding at all and I really dont like bet folding either. I vote c/c w b/c second. This is a tough decision though

Scary_Tiger 11-08-2006 10:36 PM

Bet/fold. 40/30 LAG seems like the type that doesn't want to lay down any pair ever. I don't think this river gets bluff/raised all that much given your bet.

Check/call, he probably bets any two when checked to on this river.

I think c/c > b/f > b/c > c/f.

five 11-08-2006 10:40 PM

The decent LAG just called your turn bet on the third flush. Suspicious, as seems like a prime spot to semi bluff raise if he had a big card of flushes, as he could fold out your big cards/low pps.

Thus, it also feels like he has a pair, with either no diamond or a mid diamond. With no diamond he might bluff raise, and with a mid diamond he calls and wins. However, with no diamond he might bet if we check, and will almost certainly bet his mid diamond for value. I think you induce a bluff more often than you get a call from a pair here, so I would check and call.

Rudis 11-08-2006 10:42 PM

40/30 guys get looked up more, so they bluff less in these spots.

DeathDonkey 11-08-2006 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Bet/fold looks good.

-DeathDonkey

Nick C 11-09-2006 01:19 AM

I would check-call and hope that Villain will bet any two like Scary Tiger says he will.

sonartec 11-09-2006 03:59 AM

my first thought was bet/fold, it depends on your "decent" comment though, the better he is, the more i think it is a bet fold, the worse he is, i like a check call

MAxx 11-09-2006 09:12 AM

i check call here, and try and induce the bluff. against a loose passive i bet fold.

MAxx 11-09-2006 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Bet/fold looks good.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont agree with that... i think they are at least as capable of bluffing this as any other demographic if not more so.