Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Official WPT Foxwoods Gossip Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=255846)

FatalError 11-08-2006 07:44 PM

Official WPT Foxwoods Gossip Thread

- TstoneMBD apparently running hotter than the sun
- Gavin Smith + Joe Sebok donked off thousands at 1-2 NL
- Bobby Bellande Busto, Robusto, then Busto again in a 36 hour span, maybe because his best game (chinese poker) isn't in the foxwoods mix
-BelowAbove took 2nd in the 2k NL event

captZEEbo 11-08-2006 08:16 PM

Re: Official WPT Foxwoods Gossip Thread

random aside question: I thought in Chinese poker, you don't really have an edge if you are playing good players b/c there was a pretty set strategy. Am I wrong?

Daddy Warbucks 11-08-2006 08:50 PM

There's strategy in chinese poker?!

JDalla 11-08-2006 11:21 PM

Is there any coverage of this online somewhere?

jcmoussa 11-09-2006 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
random aside question: I thought in Chinese poker, you don't really have an edge if you are playing good players b/c there was a pretty set strategy. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres supposedly a slight edge if you play low in the middle.

jcmoussa 11-09-2006 03:29 PM

Oh here is more foxwoods nvg:
-ive had set over set twice this week
-went on a +50k to now just +5k swing(thanks pokerstars!)
-i plan on getting trashed and yelling at pros tonight

daryn 11-09-2006 04:25 PM

i'll be there saturday night

ZeeJustin 11-09-2006 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a fairly simple games, but every now and then a somewhat complicated hand can come up. Generally though, whoever makes the fewest mistakes has a very small edge. There are some meta game considerations, but generally they aren't that tough, and have a very miniscule effect on your EV.

El Diablo 11-09-2006 04:40 PM

ZJ,

"It's a fairly simple games, but every now and then a somewhat complicated hand can come up. Generally though, whoever makes the fewest mistakes has a very small edge. There are some meta game considerations, but generally they aren't that tough, and have a very miniscule effect on your EV."

That sounds, uh, very expert and stuff.

7n7 11-09-2006 04:45 PM

Don Smolen wrote the program/book that plays each hand mathematically correct in straight Chinese Poker.

Memorize this and you've got an edge over most that play...including the pros I've heard.