Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   navarro book - out soon? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=254675)

smbruin22 11-07-2006 12:57 PM

navarro book - out soon?

anyone know if the navarro book is being shipped this week, as per its estimated release date?

from looking at internet stuff, it looks like this may be very different than caro... but we'll have to see.

thanks in advance....

maurile 11-07-2006 02:40 PM

Re: navarro book - out soon?

Here's a review of it:

Poker Book Review: 'Read 'Em And Reap'
November 07, 2006
Earl Burton

Of all the books out there on the game of poker, few step into the realm of tells and detecting them at the tables. One of the seminal works on the subject is, of course, Mike Caro's "Book Of Poker Tells" which, to be honest, no one has come close to touching in its depth and analysis of players at the tables. There is a challenger to that crown now in the form of a former FBI special agent.

Rest of review . . .

melechchloe 11-07-2006 05:03 PM

I ordered today off amazon, they say its in stock.

I will be pleasantly surprised if the return on the investment is a fraction of the Caro book's.

NickMPK 11-07-2006 06:06 PM

The book it out now...I received it in the mail from Amazon today.

ECDub 11-07-2006 09:19 PM

I got my copy from amazon today. I am about 50 pages in and I am impressed with the way Navarro has introduced the material so far.

smbruin22 11-07-2006 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got my copy from amazon today. I am about 50 pages in and I am impressed with the way Navarro has introduced the material so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's why i thought it would different than caro... more of a framework........... better add it to my next order

LordBaldrick 11-08-2006 01:38 AM

I haven't recieved my copy yet, but Amazon said that it had been shipped a couple of days ago. I'm looking forward to this book.

portisfreak 11-09-2006 03:05 PM

Just got it today. Great book, well written. Compared to Caro, it's more of how to analytically breakdown tells rather than "villan is doing x" he's bluffing. It's more like "if villan is doing x and y, you might be okay, his hand is made, but marginal. if villian x and z, get the hell out of the hand."

ronitonline 11-09-2006 04:20 PM

I am on page 30 and I am not digging it THAT much so far, I have a feeling later in the book it will be good but he just keeps repeating the same [censored] thing over and over as of now lol and its getting annoying as [censored].

Its like if we dont know what we are trying to accomplish by buying this book, he doesnt need to tell you 30 different ways.
Looks like the book will be good in the end though.

ECDub 11-09-2006 04:25 PM

I thought the tells are well illustrated in the book as well. I like the way Navarro took the time to explain a little about how tells work and why they are reliable. Not sure about the 70-30 rule they use in the book, but you can definitely see where the tells help. I suspect they will have an Advanced Tells and Detection book out in the future. This one is really well done.