Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   nl100 weird hand overpair turn min-3bet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=253934)

Nielsio 11-06-2006 03:29 PM

nl100 weird hand overpair turn min-3bet

Villain is a loose idiot, something like 60/6/weak

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $158.70
CO: $138.70
Hero: $177.40
SB: $34.10
BB: $99

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($11.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($21.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $27</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($75.5, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero ..?

On the turn all kinds of monsters began to pop up after the min-3bet, but I really can't fold there. River: board gets ugly and he checks, ?? Why wouldn't he valuebet a hand he wants to 3-bet turn?

orange 11-06-2006 04:39 PM

Re: nl100 weird hand overpair turn min-3bet

Can you explain your flop call? I would raise here almost always.

Bubsy27 11-06-2006 04:41 PM

I'd only be worried about a set on the turn but you played it fine and can't fold. On the river he's probably scared of the straight. Here its very tough to decide whether I'd put in a reasonable value bet seen as though he's a loose idiot who could have a T or say JJ or QQ. On the other hand an idiot will play a set like this and check on the end expecting a raise, which might point to a fold.

ikestoys 11-06-2006 04:58 PM

He probably has a small pair, no set. He put out a little bet on the flop to see where he was. You need to raise there, 100% of the time, probably even if you have nothing. This bet is a probe bet, asking if you have a good hand, almost always answer yes.

As for the river, check it, you want to showdown here and you don't have an amazing hand. There isn't too much value to be gained by betting the river and then have to face a raise.

Nielsio 11-06-2006 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain your flop call? I would raise here almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm highly distrustful of villains outbetting into me, especially on dry flops. We're deep and I need to get to showdown somehow. This type of player is also fully capable of calling a flop raise, c/c turn and c/r river with a set (or even c/c river).

What happens a lot of the time is that he'll check the turn and I valuebet two streets quite big and he'll call with Tx. Or he'll bet the turn soft, I raise, he calls, and he c/c a decent riverbet. Or he bets the turn bigger, I call, and we get to riverplay.

Yahivin 11-06-2006 05:30 PM

The min-3bet blows my mind.

I think betting for value is out of the question, because the board is scary enough that any hand you beat will likely fold.

You can check it and take the showdown, but I have a feeling you might be behind here. If opponent is a really weak player then you might be able to bluff him out if his check does in fact represent fear, but will it work often enough to be more profitable than checking?

Nielsio 11-06-2006 09:24 PM

Results

I checked behind. Villain had AT.

I'm not too happy about my turn raise size. 21 would have been better.

Jamougha 11-06-2006 09:30 PM

Re: Results

Raise the flop or how will you get ai by the river?

ppl leading into you is not something to be suspitious of.

deaders 11-06-2006 09:36 PM

Re: Results

Please raise the flop!