Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Live 1/2, flopped the flush in BB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=253073)

TenFourOff 11-05-2006 12:12 PM

Live 1/2, flopped the flush in BB

I hate playing OOP. Please comment on all streets.
Live 1/2 full ring. Avg stack ~$250. Some shorties, biggest stack ~$500. I have ~$185

Hero BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG+1 raised to 10. 4 callers including SB. I call.

flop (5 players) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I check, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets $25 CO calls, I flat call, SB folds, UTG+1 folds.

Turn (3 players) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
hero checks, MP2 bets $30, CO calls, hero?

jk3a 11-05-2006 12:16 PM

Re: Live 1/2, flopped the flush in BB

lead flop, lead turn. Just keep leading. No reason to get fancy. As played, c/r flop. Since you didn't, c/r turn. Why are you playing your hand so slowly???

Womble 11-05-2006 12:18 PM

Bet flop - as played C/R pretty big
As played bet big on turn.

You need to charge the A/K :diamonds: here. They wont be folding

TenFourOff 11-05-2006 12:27 PM

Keep in mind, this is a live game, with the usual cast of characters on a Thursday night. I had been at the table for only about an hour, so I had no reads. My thought process for slow playing is that the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or a set would not fold to any raise on the flop. If I were to raise the flop, what would I raise it to? I only have $150 behind. If I raise to, say $100, I am pot-committing myself, and will find it very difficult to fold if a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes out on the turn, or if the board pairs. If I wait for a blank turn, I can still probably get all my money in, without giving my opponent two chances to draw out on me.

chesspain 11-05-2006 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop - as played C/R pretty big
As played bet big on turn.

You need to charge the A/K :diamonds: here. They wont be folding

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick Royale 11-05-2006 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind, this is a live game, with the usual cast of characters on a Thursday night. I had been at the table for only about an hour, so I had no reads. My thought process for slow playing is that the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or a set would not fold to any raise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is a great reason not to slowplay.

Suigin406 11-05-2006 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep in mind, this is a live game, with the usual cast of characters on a Thursday night. I had been at the table for only about an hour, so I had no reads. My thought process for slow playing is that the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or a set would not fold to any raise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is a great reason not to slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

exploit the advantage and get money in while ur ahead...

TenFourOff 11-05-2006 12:49 PM

How much should I bet or c/r on the flop?

jk3a 11-05-2006 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much should I bet or c/r on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize when I first read this that it was a raised pot. Given that, I think c/r is probably best. Your stack size makes this real easy. There's approx. $100 in the pot when it's to you. Easy, Easy push. PSR would be $150 and you only have $185.

TenFourOff 11-05-2006 01:23 PM

Results.

I pushed all-in on the turnfor $120 more. MP2 folds, CO goes into the tank for a few minutes then calls. River is a diamond (not the T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]), but I win the pot. CO had QJ for two pair.
The reason that I posted this is that MP2 said that he had the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Qx, and would have called a flop raise. At that point, I believe he would not have been able to get rid of his hand on the turn, and would have won. I was very tempted to raise the flop, but after MP said this I was glad I did not. I am wondering if I am being results oriented, or weather my line is a fairly intelligent line to take in a pot like this.