Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Dallas Mavericks Road to NBA Championship Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=251184)

tdarko 11-02-2006 07:53 PM

Dallas Mavericks Road to NBA Championship Thread

It starts tonight in maybe one of the biggest rivalry games in the NBA as of late (Spurs), then doesn't get any easier with Hou, GS, LAC and Pho next.

The news is that the "Western Confernce Champions" banner will not be raised tonight, I guess Avery doesn't want any distractions.

This is the thread where we follow Dallas to the finals like last year although this time finish the job. Followers and haters are welcome aboard. All standard comments about how they will win a ton of games and fizzle in the playoffs or that they don't play defense or that they are the same team as in years past are also welcome (as they were last year, muhahahaha), though they will be mocked.

Let's hope to see a lot of this tonight (plus what a great memory):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...01/finale2.jpg

tuq 11-02-2006 08:06 PM

Re: Dallas Mavericks Road to NBA Championship Thread

td,

They will win a ton of games and fizzle in the playoffs. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Caldarooni 11-02-2006 08:08 PM

Dirk is the anti-clutch.

Green Kool Aid 11-02-2006 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
td,

They will win a ton of games and fizzle in the playoffs. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

teams that fit this bill:

Nets, Bulls, Mavs, Nuggets.

tdarko 11-02-2006 08:12 PM

Green Kool Aid,

You must be a big Marquis Daniels fan.

kidcolin 11-02-2006 08:15 PM

ha... dumbest foul ever. I couldn't believe when Ginobli did that.

Semtex 11-02-2006 08:18 PM

Dallas got lucky last year that the Spurs f-ed up. Going to be the (please God) Clippers or the (please God NO) Spurs taking the West this year.

Green Kool Aid 11-02-2006 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Green Kool Aid,

You must be a big Marquis Daniels fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do like his game, and don't think they got equal value for him, but there was no need for him in Dallas anymore.

Why did you say that though?

tdarko 11-02-2006 08:48 PM

Green Kool Aid- Every year there is nothing but haters that expect nothing but Dallas to win a lot of games and lose early in the playoffs, as a fan I expect this and is why I welcomed it in the thread, I actually find it comical now. Last year I defended the face-lifted team to a ton of people in this forum over and over, citing stats and Avery's philosophies yet all anyone could every come up with was, "you watch they will win 60 games and lose to San Antonio in the second round." And this was said by everyone, well everyone but the half dozen Maverick followers that are around here.

The Mavericks not only had a great core last year but they without a doubt had the deepest team in the league, I won't get too much into their loss in the finals but that didn't fall on the hands of talent but they were simply outcoached. As great of a coach as Avery is right now and will be he and all of the Dallas players had never been to the finals or anything close to that ilk and Riley chopped him up with his in game adjustments, and a better prepared team. No excuses from me, the better team won b/c talent isn't always what makes the best team, it is all of the ingredients in the stew.

Well the only thing missing from that pot of stew is Marquis Daniels...sooooo you must reallllly like Marquis Daniels to say that they will once again win a lot of games and fizzle in the playoffs, it was a joke b/c even after such a great year there simply isn't any respect, they keep the same team yet for some reason this balanced, well coached, deep and highly talented team that has now been through the grind is just going to fizzle unlike last year. Weird.

I always understood the disrespect in years past, during their "offense only" days, b/c you can't get respect until you do something worthy and all they had ever done was shown the ability to beat up on crappy teams in the regular season while losing to the playoff teams (this was their formula for getting tons of wins every year)...then in the playoffs obviously losing to those same playoffs teams that beat them in the regular season. Last year by December's end they had beaten every playoff team except LAL--which was won the next time they played in Feb. The difference is that they pounded on the good to great teams and actually struggled with the bottom of the league last year, a complete contrast to years past. Non-Mav fans never notice this though. They just see a lot of wins like the previous years but they don't realize what kind of wins, the difference in wins they were and why they were successful in the playoffs last year.

To the cat that said "luck," lol. You're a funny guy and maybe if the digest were to have a comedy/parody week you just may be the man!

tuq 11-02-2006 09:01 PM

td's webcam caught him writing his post. Here is a replay:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/tuq2k2/80x80.gif

RIP, td.