Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Data Mining... Who is your target? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=25027)

back2good1 01-31-2006 11:09 AM

Data Mining... Who is your target?

I have been data mining for a month now and have several thousand players in my db. At first I decided I would target people with a VP$IP of more than 60% with low PFR% and low PF aggrression. After thinking about it I think It may be better to target LAP type players. Who do you target and why?

thanks,

-Back2good1

MaxPower 01-31-2006 11:15 AM

Re: Data Mining... Who is your target?

[ QUOTE ]
I have been data mining for a month now and have several thousand players in my db. At first I decided I would target people with a VP$IP of more than 60% with low PFR% and low PF aggrression. After thinking about it I think It may be better to target LAP type players. Who do you target and why?

thanks,

-Back2good1

[/ QUOTE ]

Your first instinct was right. The loose passive players are the ones you should try to play against. They are the most profitable.

stigmata 01-31-2006 11:20 AM

depends what your playing, but VPIP>50 and AF<1 should catch the cream IMO. If their also aggressive preflop, then whatever, really, decent raising standards ain't gonna make up for the other defeciencies.

Vavavoom 01-31-2006 11:50 AM

I just add anybody who has lost more than $1500 in the past 2/3/4 days...

And anyone with a VPIP of +55/60 for full ring...

Yesterday though, this back fired and I doubled up a complete NUTCASE twice on Party NL200...

His stats were ~ 93/35/6.5 over +1100 hands...

But thats my normal method...

SnglMaltScotch 01-31-2006 12:27 PM

Believe it or not, I like to play against people with these types of stats.

75/5/0.5.

What drives me crazy is when a 75/0/0 check calls the whole way down with something everyone else would raise with. With stats lik 75/5/0.5 you KNOW when he has a good hand and can stay out of the way, but still calls enough to be very profitable.

Just a different opinion.

raze 01-31-2006 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Believe it or not, I like to play against people with these types of stats.

75/5/0.5.

What drives me crazy is when a 75/0/0 check calls the whole way down with something everyone else would raise with. With stats lik 75/5/0.5 you KNOW when he has a good hand and can stay out of the way, but still calls enough to be very profitable.

Just a different opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it, this is what we call a 'fish' lol.

Seriously though, these are dream opponents. They will pay off everything, and when they bet, you can very often fold without dismay.

TStoneMBD 01-31-2006 02:01 PM

your observation is interesting and quite possibly correct